Basic Inking Technique

Hello my fellow crafters! In recent months I have been extremely busy especially being the hands-on grandma but now with school starting I can relax with that part of my life. My second time consumer is attending craft shows that are not so local. The driving and the overnights have really been hectic but they too are coming to a close. The shows all end in October, but I think it will end in September for me.  Thirdly and not at all the least time consuming is my new online store where friends that don't craft and a few that are crafters can order or make personalize request. Did I mention that I am also a DT member for 3 different companies.  I am not sure at what point I thought I was superwoman and could handle all of this....I've truly learned my lesson.

Now for a change of pace I thought I would visit some challenges and then create something so that I could play along.  This is so much more relaxing and less time consuming, however this doesn't generate any revenue unless fun becomes a monetary item :)

Well here is the card I'd like to share.

As you can see this is a simple card (almost a CAS).  Returning to a inking technique I learned years ago pulled this scene together rather quickly.  Using distress inks, an acrylic block and a water spritzer I was able to create the background for this card.  After allowing the ink to dry I stamped my images using archival ink. 

Once everything was dry I cut my image and adhered it to a blue mat before adding it to my card base.  I like the way it turned out and it took just a little over an hour to complete.  Perfect to send to someone you haven't seen in a while or you just want to surprise someone with a simple hello.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

House that Stamps Built - #A2819 Anything Goes (9/3)
Crafty Creations - #397 Anything Goes (9/8)
Crafting By Design - August Challenge
Addicted to Stamps - #356 Anything Goes (9/1)
Simon Says Wednesday - Anything Goes (9/3)

Another simple inking basic card I'd like to share is one to get the holiday season started.



To create this card I used the ink resist technique. This is where you first heat emboss what you want to pop after you add the ink. Once I heat embossed my image with white embossing powder I started to add distress ink all over the card. The embossed portions resisted the ink and after wiping the card with a paper towel the white really popped. Creating these types of cards are fun and real quick and easy to make. I used vellum to heat emboss the greeting and adhere to the base to complete the card.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Cute and Crafty Christmas - #17 Anything Christmas/Winter (9/17)
Crafty Gals Corner - #198 Emboss It (9/8)
Sweet Stampin Christmas - August Challenge

So this is all for tonight and I do thank you for stopping by and showing me love. I appreciate all of you so very much.  As always remember to:


Stay Safe, Be Healthy and Craft Happy!
Sending Hugs From Texas
~Lesia~

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely to see you back blogging Lesia - and what a wonderful pair of cards - I must use that block inking technique again - it's so effective here!
Yes, being on Grandma duties can be time consuming! {and a source of bug sharing, by the feels of my throat :( }
Blessings
Maxine

Esther Asbury said...

Two lovely cards! I love the inking technique you used on the first one...it turned out perfectly! Thanks so much for playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge over on The House That Stamps Built!

Heather said...

Two fabulous cards! It's amazing that such a simple technique can make such a stunning background when paired with that silhouette image. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Donna Ellis said...

What gloriously colored cards, Lesia! I especially love the resist technique and brilliant hues in your snowflake card! Both are incredible! Thank you for uploading your pretty project to Christmas at the Sweet Stampin’ Challenge . Hope to see more of your creative submissions in the future.
Warm Smiles,
de
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Tristan said...

Love your monochrome star card Mema. Lovely effects with the ink resist technique. Thanks for joining us this month at Sweet Stamping Christmas. Tristan DT.

Nandini said...

Gorgeous card! Love the way you have created the feel of sky and land. Very beautiful and artsy. Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope you will join us again soon!

Nandini,
Paint Paper Scissors

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Stunning cards! I love the backgrounds! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges this week. Be sure to join us next time too!
Blessings,
CGC DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...