Thank You

Wow! It seems like forever since I last posted. So much has been going on that has kept me from crafting much. I did find time to go to the Stamping Expo while it was here and that is when I discovered that I was running out of space in my craft-room and needed to purge and rethink my organization system.

So I began my mission to purge my domain and I was pleased that I did manage to rid myself of quite a bit of crafting supplies (mainly stamps and paper) which made room for all the new stuff that I had purchased. 

The second interruption in my crafting time was discovering the YMCA Silver Sneakers program. I really like this program and try to attend every day of the week which usually wears me out.

Lastly, there is the prepping for my upcoming classes as well as playing Mema so my grown kids can take care of the older kids as they prepare to go to college and sign contracts for international teams. There has been a lot going on but today I was able to settle down and organize a bit and then create a bit.


Keeping with my goal to use items from my stash I created these two cards using a stencil and Nuvo embellishment mousse.  I applied the Nuvo through the stencil to create a 3D texture as the focal point of my card.  Yep, I am starting to dabble into the Mixed Media world of crafting, little by little.  I love the Nuvo mousse, however, it does tend to dry out rather quickly so you can't leave it sitting on the shelf.

I then stamped the Thank You and embossed it using some clear embossing powder. I absolutely love the shine on these cards and they were so easy to make.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Simply Papercraft - #59 Anything Goes (#177)
Crafting With Friends - #72 Anything Goes (#62)
Polkadoodles Crafting - #29 Anything Goes (#37)
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #86 Anything Goes (#138)
Love 2 Create - Wk #29 Mixed Media (#77)

That's all I have for now but will soon be announcing a giveaway that I have been planning for a month now so don't forget to check back to see what will be up for grabs.

Thanks for stopping by and as always
Be safe, Stay Healthy, and Craft Happy
Sending Hugs from Texas
~Lesia

6 comments:

Marjeta said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the simplicity. I should more often browse my stash too. You can´t imagine what can be found (ha, ha).

Megan J said...

Hi Lesia, two very pretty cards, love the shine to the mousse and the cas design. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.. Good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Papercrafting Princess said...

I miss your beautiful work. Your technique and details are amazing. Lovely cards.

msafrocentric2012 said...

Hey there, I am a slacker too. Your cards are beautifully made.

Juls said...

Gorgeous thank you for sharing it with us at Polkadoodles crafty hugs Julia xx

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

You came back with beautiful cards. Thank you for play with us in Polkadoodle Anything goes challenge. good luck with your entry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...