The Simple Things

You know how we are always in a hurry, never taking time to enjoy the simple things, relating the word fun to money.  Why is it that we are of the mindset that if you want to have fun you must spend money?

I had my grandbabies this past week and I don't have a lot of funds to spend on entertainment so I had to get creative. Not to say that we didn't venture out at all because we did but the joy that little kids find in the simplest things is amazing and quite rewarding.  Who knew that playing hide n seek in the house could be so much fun or that indoor exercising would cause so much laughter.

Oh, and have you ever went camping indoors and had pizza while sitting on the floor or watched television inside a tent on an iPad, inside a house while eating popcorn. I tell you this ole grandma was worn out but smiling because my babies said it was the bestest fun ever (and yes, they said bestest).

The last thing to do was to craft and so we did a few kid projects and then I was abandoned for the electronics. Although they abandoned me, I was glad for the momentary peace and quiet. I used this time to create a card using scraps from our earlier project.  I had the perfect greeting to end the day.


I created this card using cardstock, a stencil, 3D sticker, a stamp and distress ink. I made my own background paper by stenciling cardstock using distress ink. Next, I added a sticker, stamped a greeting and adhered it to my self-designed designer paper.

I was able to carry the design over to my handmade envelope using the same stencil and ink. This 5 x 6 card took approximately 45 minutes to make start to finish including the envelope. 

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Catch the Bug - #612 Sketch Challenge (#34)(8/4)
Little Patch of Crafty Friends - #86 Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - #211 ATG/Create Designer Paper
Crafting From the Heart - #217 Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - #205 Anything Goes (#116)(8/4)


Thanks for stopping by
Sending Hugs from Texas
~Lesia
Be Safe, Stay Healthy and Craft Happy

6 comments:

LilArtsyWoman said...

Your story took me back to the beginning of July when I had my granddaughter for two days. The exercising...the hide and go seek...the board games...oh, so much fun. Another beautiful card from your creative hands is such a joy to view. tfs

Suze said...

You sound like you had a fun time with your grandchildren. I think we sometimes forget that we don't have to spend alot of money to have lots of fun and laughter. Your card is darling - glad you had some time to create such a lovely piece. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes challenge at Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and the sentiment is oh soo true -children don't always appreciate the money spent on them but they always remember the time you spent with them--Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
Carol DT x

Lisa Lynn said...

You are so true...it's about the simple things. Good lesson to teach. Good luck with that!!! Love the ladybug. Thanks for joining the Stella Says Sketch Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Fabrika Fantasy said...

Your card looks so beautiful and summery! Thank you, dear Lesia, for joining the challenge at Crafting from the Heart that we are sponsoring! Good luck with your entry!
We have monthly challenges on our Challenge blog Fabrika Fantasy Digis, and we would love to invite you to join us there too. Thank you again!

Digital stamps and coloring books
DigiClub - You can get as many images as you like

Quảng Cáo Đại Phát said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...