Time for a Scrapbook Page Layout

Hi Everyone, hope you've been having a lovely week. It has been rather warm here in Texas, so indoors under the ceiling fan in the midst of my paper is where you would find me. I had a few non-crafting days while I played grandma to my little ones and I tell you those boys wore me out. They had more energy than the Energizer Bunny Rabbit, and I gave up all hope of keeping up with them. It was a lot of fun to see the little ones because I don't see them often and of course when I do I have to spoil them and give them things that will frustrate their parents. Being "Mema" has its advantages and I am using them up every chance I get.

I decided not to do a card this time but rather a page layout.  On one of the forums, where I am a member the owner reminded us that page layouts were forms of crafting as well and it made me feel a bit guilty.  I do scrapbook at times but I hardly ever post my layouts so I think I will start doing that although card-making will continue to be my preference, I will never give up scrapbooking.  This weekend Heirloom's Rubber Stamp and Paper Arts Festival was in town but compared to previous years this was not a very large one.  My BFF "Joyce" went but I opted to stay home and play with my paper and now I'd like to share with you my creations.

This layout uses Webster Pages that I fuzzy cut and added to Bazzil Cardstock. Hobby Lobby had Spare Parts on sale 50% off so I picked up a couple of packs of flowers to add to this page. The lace is Websters that I got during the Webster warehouse sale. 

The photo is my nephew whom just graduated from High School and my niece whom although a Junior in High School, is currently attending college because of her academic intellect.

For my second layout I took two photos and cut them into 1/2 inch pieces to create a mosaic look.  I used scraps to break up the look and added a few flowers from Recollections.  The pearls are Recollections brand as well.

In the photos are friends and family that just happened to show up at the same time so we decided to play a few indoor games and fix a pot of spaghetti with garlic bread (quick and easy meal).  Yep it turned into a real fun party.

Well thats it for this post.  Check back tomorrow to see who has won my mid-month draw for my July's Anything Goes challenge.  If you haven't entered its not to late because there will be another winner at the end of the month.  So until the next time


"find beauty in all things and then go create your own"

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

love your layouts, and the way they show the love of family and friends.
Blessings
Maxine

Caroline said...

Love these scrapbook pages there beautiful. Caroline xxx

Confiseries Papier said...

Love the mosaic LO.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...