Announcement Time

Hi There
I just thought I would announce that anyone who is a member of SOC please be on the look-out for a raffle challenge coming soon to SOC members only.  This is to support the hosting and maintenance of the site and to ensure that it continues to grow as we have fun and share with each other.

Another reminder announcement is that Jackson's Digital Expressions offer challenges every single week and although the challenge has a title (sketch, color, altered art, etc.) that is only as an option for those that desire a little challenge.  Otherwise all challenges are "Anything Goes" so get your creations entered every week for a chance at winning not only images from our talented Robert Jackson but also from our sponsors as well.

Last announcement, and this one is for Mema's Crafts.  My grand-daughters decided that they wanted to decide what card should win in my challenges since they do assist in coming up with the ideas, so I have given it much thought and decided to allow them to join in by selecting a winner for June's challenge.  This will not interfere with my normal challenge winners.  In fact this means that there will be two winners for the month of June and if I get 50 entries there will be three winners.

I will get the challenge posted within the next 24 hours.  I would have had it posted already but my four-legged friend had surgery and it took my whole day waiting for the results.  We went in at 9:00 am for our appointment and was taken back for a consultation.  At approximately 10:15am they took my baby back to be prepped for surgery and I was asked to leave and they would call me within 3-4 hours which meant I should have a call around 2:30 pm.  I returned home and did a bit of office work so I wouldn't miss deadlines and get to far behind. Next thing I know it is 4:00pm and no call so of course I called. I was informed that there had been a few emergencies that put the surgeons behind on their schedule but things were back on track.  Another 3 hours passes and now my whole body is running with anxiety and the negative thoughts have invaded my peaceful thinking, but I refused to call the hospital.  Finally, I get a call and was given an update on my baby....also an update that my bill that started with a range of 400-600 dollars had changed to a range of 600-1200 dollars.  My God were they doing heart surgery or something.

I swallowed the big lump in my throat, gulped down a few anti-depressants and ever so softly whispered out the nicest DAM DAM DAM that I could muster.   A few more words followed those, and no I was not on the phone at the time.  I did manage to say thank you and good-bye before the words from Satan escaped my lips.

So what did I do, you ask....what else was there to do....I made a card.  See below, and once again this was a first for me....a baby card....I don't do babies...I think this might have been my second baby card ever....kind of crude....but my world was topsy turvy.
A co-worker and his wife welcomed their first little one into the world so while my world was crazy I thought I would create a simple and quick card for them. I used two different paper packs for this card. One was Little Darlings from Graphic 45 and the other one was It's A Boy from Paper Studio. All the embellishments (excluding the buttons) were part of the paper pack.
So I will deliver this card to them on Monday, when I return to work. And now here is the inside which I actually like better than I do the outside.
The words I printed using my computer and the embossing folder I used was from Stampin-up. The little image is from the Graphic 45 paper pack and the letters are from the Paper Studio paper pack.

Well my lovelies thats all for now.  Thanks for stopping by and as always "find beauty in all things and then go create your own."

Leave a comment and look for my next challenge coming soon when I announce our May Challenge Winners.

3 comments:

Nitasha said...

Hope your fur baby is doing well! And, your card is adorable! Have a nice weekend!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Lesia I do pray your wee one is alright - and God will provide for ALL your needs. Ps 23!!
Blessings
Maxine

Teen Queen said...

I pray your fur baby is ok. Great work as usual. Funny, I usually do not do baby cards either. I am glad you ventured out of your norm...nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...