More Trials And Errors

Hi there fellow crafters, isn't it a wonderful world we live in filled with all types of papers from which we can create...well...I say this very loosely because let me tell you, I am discovering that I know very little about this paper world that I have joined.  I am not complaining because not knowing is a challenge and learning opportunity. So as I've told you in the past I love looking for tutorials and sometimes I am successful, other times I have practice a bit and then there are times when I need to just accept defeat and move on.  Well I've ran into a lady "Marianne S." who challenges me with everything she creates.  The beauty of her talent is just so amazing and I want to be able to do that so very bad....dare I share my humble attempts with you all.

I believe you to be my friends and will not judge me to harshly, but take pride in the fact that I tried.  And you know what else, there may be those out there just like me but a bit to shy to say they tried...or perhaps they want to try and just haven't found anything. Well I have quite a few so bare with me and if you get tired of looking, take a break and come back okay.  Well let me get started...in fact I may have to come back and just repost.

The first card I am going to share, I thought was going to be for a challenge but by the time I got it at a state (had to make it 3 times) where I thought I could submit it the challenge had closed. Now mind you this was a month long challenge and I still missed it but I finished the card.
With this card I got to use for the first time my Pion Designs Paper...I just couldn't bring myself to cut the paper because it was so pretty, then I discovered that I could purchase it as 6x6 squares and I thought how wonderful.  I purchased a few sheets and then waited for the right moment. The cardstock is Bashful Blue from Stampin Up and so is the ribbon.  I used Wild Orchid flowers, Spellbinders Nestibilities for my sentiment and the flourishes are from Marianne Designs.
I did some staining around the edges but the white cardstock is from a Color Book paper pack I got at Wal-mart and I truly wish I had used my Stampin-up but live and learn. Sometimes Color Box just isn't the right weight for me.  Anyway on to a peak at the inside of the card.
I didn't do very much to the inside. I used the rest of the Pion Design paper to add a mat and liner to both sides and then added a piece of lace ribbon across one side. I didn't add a space for a personal message because the left side is light enough to write on, or I might decide to write a bit of poetry on the left and in that case you could sign your words of wisdom to the right panel.  This paper is really gorgeous but be careful because the colors are not bright or vibrant, instead they have a muted vintage color.
As I watched video after video on Youtube University I kept seeing these step cards: Right-step, Double-step, Step with a Twist and then Center-step.  I said to myself, I said "self, why don't you give this one a try?" and self said "you know, I think I will...can't be that hard."  Well my friends, I am not the cutting type of individual.  My hands shake, my eyes will blur without notice, and even not blurred I can barely see the blade on the cutter. That's one of things that follow the I can't draw a straight line even with a ruler...serious, that is me.  Just ask one of my grans that are always saying Mema, that's crooked or still not straight.  Oh, sorry I digress. The only thing I can remember about the card is I used scrap paper, a Martha Stewart, Tim Holtz gears, prima flowers and a few Recollections pearls or bling. The Cros-chain housing my sentiment is from Stitchy Bear if you'd line to get it. Guess I might as well share the inside of the card with you.

When I got to the inside I was so frustrated with the folds that I wasn't really designing, I was just trying to get finished so I came up with this, which after looking at it I thought, hey not to bad...I think I like it. The border lace I used was part of a border sticker I had gotten ages ago and the sticky didn't stick anymore so instead of thrashing the whole thing I managed to salvage the ribbon lace that was connected to it.  Nowadays, it seems I can't throw anything away. I hope this isn't a sign of hoarding....cause I will be in trouble.  Well my precious "peeps" (where did that word come from anyway) I need to go take more pictures. I'll be back as soon as I can.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Lesia - I love your work!!
Blessings
Maxine
p.s. paper-crafting is addictive, and hoarding is part of the addiction.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...