Early Start On Mother's Day

I prefer getting a head start on my orders and projects so I often create deadlines, just so I not have to work under pressure anymore. I spent most of last year doing just that, working under pressure. I seem to produce more when there is some stress. Perhaps its because when you're under pressure you tend to stay more focused at the task at hand.  This year I've decided to work smarter and keep stress at an all time low. This is the plan but of course some of your "best laid plans" can fall short.

For Mother's Day this year, I am officially giving myself a head start with my greeting cards. I haven't made a card for a couple of months, because I was busy learning new things and moving in a total different direction. Just hoping my mojo and creativity will kick in and make this effort worthwhile.


Because it's for Mother's Day, I can add all the frills and flowers that will fit...so some of what I share may be a bit over the top for me. 

So here is the first of many that I would like to share.

The card is 5x7 and uses Graphic45 Time to Flourish collection. I used a Spellbinders die to create my focal point adding a few Recollections flowers and pearls.

The box was altered to match the card using the same paper collection. I added a space for the recipients name and adorned it with green pearls.

That's all I have for this post and now its back to the work table to complete a few more cards one at a time.

Entering this card in the following challenges:

If You Give A Crafter A Cookie - #113 Cookie Challenge (04/04)
Cute Card Thursday - #575 Feminine (04/04)
Daring Cardmakers - A Special Lady (04/05)
Cut It Up - #170 Flowers (04/03)



Thanks for stopping by.
Sending Hugs from Texas
~Lesia~
Be safe, Stay Healthy and Craft Happy

10 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Lesia this is gorgeous - love the purple tones you have used.
Blessings
Maxine

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

What a stunning feminine card. I love the gorgeous flowers.

Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Flower challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

*Vicki* said...

Wow what a really stunning design!! Love the papers and the colors!! Such a beautiful card and it will be treasured! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Angelnorth said...

Beautiful card with lots of feminine touches - just lovely! Thanks for joining us this week at Daring Cardmakers!

Handmade by Natty said...

Wow, I love how the colours pop on this project. So vibrant!
Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week. :)

Miri said...

I can absolutely relate to what you said about working under pressure. I would love to change that last-minute attitude this year as well.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with the Daring Cardmakers this week. I'm sure your mum will love it!

Larelyn said...

Oh my, this is stunning and in my favorite colors! Thank you for sharing at Cut it Up Challenges.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card for that special lady, love the vibrant purple and gorgeous papers. Thank you for joining us this week at Daring Cardmakers.

Sylvia xx

Dawn said...

What a beautiful card and I just love purple. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

Vicky said...

Nice article admin thanks for share your article keep share your knowledge i am waiting for your new post check custom t shirts boys t shirts kindly review and reply me

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...