Cricut Maker Addiction

WARNING!!  POST IS LONGER THAN NORMAL.

OMGoodness!  It has been forever since my last blog post and I am surprised that I found time to even post today. So what has been going on with me...well first of all life has consistently interfered with things I wanted to do and forced me to deal with it.  But some good has happened over the holidays.

I started a low-carb diet and lost almost 20 lbs in 8 weeks (yeah) but gained 6 over the holidays and just recently started to lose it again. I joined the YMCA and am part of their Silver Sneakers program which has led to meeting new folks that are closer to my age.

Most exciting is my new Cricut Maker!!! This machine has expanded my horizons and the possibilities are endless.  Not only can I create cards of all types, I can do home decor, apparel and it will even cut wood. This machine is the best thing and I am so addicted to vinyl and iron-on these days that I sleep, eat, and dream of vinyl.

I've also been introduced to etching and doing photo transfers to wood, ceramic and canvas. When it comes to crafting and DIY I am all over the place and loving every minute, although it has taken control of my life and time. There have been days where I forget to do simple things like check the mail and sometimes even remember to eat.

Let me share a few things I have created with you. Mind you this is only a sample of what I have designed.

Hopefully you can see the word "Gratitude" that I have decorated this little jar with. Those are Q-tips inside and for some reason I thought they would make it easier to see the design.


Next we have my customized pillow. A neat idea was to purchase some Christmas pillows once they went on sale at 80% off and then simply cover them with one that I designed myself. This way I have a beautiful pillow throughout the year and at the end of the year I remove the cover to display my safely protected Christmas pillows around my home.


Lastly, I want to share a black T-shirt I picked up at Joann's and designed it for my grandson's basketball team. Wasn't sure how to do this but I got it right and had such fun figuring it all out. 

Creating, cutting and adding your designs to all types of substrates just creates a world of imagination and possibility. There is that sense of pride as well when you get it right and you know it (smile).

To build on my newly found talent I decided that a  "Heat Press" was necessary if I planned to continue to grow and expand my creativity. 

Just another machine to learn but I look forward to it and I'll post more as I go along but if I forget please check out my Facebook page to see more of my creations.

Thank you for stopping by. 
Sending Hugs from Texas
~Lesia

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Lesia what a fabulous time you are having learning new techniques - you go girl, and good on you taking up some exercise routines - that's always good, especially with COPD.
Love the results of all your learning - these are incredible
Blessings
Maxine

LilArtsyWoman said...

Fabulous projects and great work on the healthy lifestyle.

msafrocentric2012 said...

Those are great projects. Keep having fun learning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...