Another Altered Project

Okay now that I've discovered how much fun altering things can be I have absolutely lost my mind! I think I now have about 6 projects on hand so I will never be bored at least not for a few months.

I decided to alter a little bit more and this time it has a purpose. A co-worker (whom I can't announce) is reaching a milestone and we plan to do a review of her accomplishments and present her with a gift.  I was asked to create a card that everyone could sign, but instead of a card I came up with a different idea.

Check out what I did below with a couple of paper mache letters.

I forgot to take a picture of the two letters so I snagged these from Wal-mart just to show how they started (you know what I mean).

I painted them with acrylic paint, grabbed a few sheets of scrap paper (a paper pad that has only 5 or 6 sheets left) from my stash and started cutting and mod podging.  The end result with the help of a few flowers is shown below.

The cool thing about these letters is if you use a light colored paper for the reverse side then you have what could have been the inside of a traditional card.

I'll show you what I mean in just a second.  The paper pack is called Generations, but I cannot remember the brand name for the life of me. Anyway, I used a white gel pen to add the white spots to the flowers just to draw your attention.  Then in the corners I added gold sticker corners.




The flower arrangement on the "A" was created with some rafella straw that I braided, a piece of string I found and some crochet lace that I dyed and then punched out using a Martha Steward punch.


You can see the crochet lace and the white gel dots I added better on this photo of the "W".

Lastly I added pearls around the entire perimeter of both letters and then sprayed the whole thing with a gloss sealer to keep it all protected.




On the back I used the reverse side of the paper which was the right shade for signing.

Everyone thought it was a neat idea and I am hoping my co-worker will like it as well. I'm also hoping she doesn't decide to look at my blog this week because she's the only person with these initials. I'm pretty sure I'm safe because she is on business travel and will most likely not have time to relax.

I had so much fun doing these letters that I decided to buy enough letters to do at least 3 more sets for a few friends and enough letters to spell out my complete name.  I already have my initials but now I want everyone to know my name (lol)

Your comments are welcomed and I do love it when you stop by for a visit.  I hope you will visit again real soon.

Be Safe, Stay Healthy and Enjoy Each Day

Hugs
~Lesia~

6 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

WOW. These are gorgeous, Lesia. It's hard to believe you started with something so plain and made them into these beautiful home decor pieces. Lovely job and thank you for sharing the process.
Hugs,
Teresa

New Creations said...

Wonderful décor letters!!! Happy to see the result, great job done!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Lesia these are AMAZING - love, love, love them - what a gorgeous set, and I love all the little details - the pearls. the flowers... everything about them!!
Blessings
Maxine

krcmasterpiece said...

Practical and able to be used-that's how I roll! LOL
Your letters turned out superb!

Beebeebabs said...

Another beautiful project!!!

Pumpy said...

These are amazing, I would like to try it, time is the problem. Lovies Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...