Boxed Mini Album

Hello everyone. While the challenges are up and running I decided to try my hand at yet another interesting tutorial rightly titled the "Boxed Mini Album."  It is quite interesting how it seems to be an exploding Mini Album but that is not its name.


This is the front of the box. As you can see I used very little embellishments because I thought the Designer Paper was gorgeous and didn't need much of anything else. I love the Corset and I added the flowers and the cog wheels.






When you lift the lid of the box off it falls to the back and the sides fall down just like the exploding card.  Here in the middle you see a non-removable mini album.  This one has 6 pages but using the tutorial you can go up to 14 pages, I think.

Now on to sharing a few of the pages with you.  All the pages have the flip out tab shown on the left side of the page. This can be used as a journaling note or turned into a pocket for a tag.  The pages are all sized to accommodate a 4x6 photo.  And the album itself can hold up to 54 photos easily.

Here is an example of another page. I added the 3D balloon on the left flap but the paper is just to pretty for much else. This page alone can accommodate 6 photos and 2 spots for notes.









Continue to open the page completely by removing the two inserts and you'll see that there is room for 4 photos on each insert.  Now that's a lot of photos.


Here is another page with just a little twist. Not only does it have the flap on the left it also has a lift up flap on the right side. I added the corset using a die from Cherry Lynn Designs.


Now let me share the same page with both flaps lifted to show a pocket that has space for two tickets for journaling or adding a cute quote or maybe a hand-written note of some kind.



We're almost done so stay with me. On this page I create a half pocket to hold a insert for a standard photo and a place for journaling (we all know that journaling is not a word, right?).


Here I opened the flap and pulled out the insert.  The light pole was another Cheery Lynn die.









I didn't show you all the pages or the inserts but I think you got the idea of what the mini is all about.  IF you want to see more just go to YouTube and search for "Boxed Mini Album" and you'll see some really gorgeous ones.

Below is a YouTube video link to "Christi" the original designer "Paper Hoarder Disorder" showcasing her Steampunk Spells Boxed Mini.


DP: Bo Bunny "Somewhere In Time"
Chipboard: Medium Weight "Marco Paper"
Black Soot Distress Inks
Cheery Lynn Designs Dies
Bo Bunny Embellishments

Purchase the Tutorial here: Paper Hoarder Disorder

Thanks for stopping by and visiting with us.  I hope you've enjoyed your stay and will come again real soon.

Don't forget to join in our challenges by clicking on the tabs above and tell me what you think. I love reading your comments.

Hugs
Lesia

10 comments:

Sheila H said...

Another amazingly beautiful project, Lesia :)

New Creations said...

Exploding mini album, Mema!!! What a beautiful papers these are. Really didn't require embellishment.
Hugs

Dr Sonia S V said...

How beautiful it looks Lesia-- Thank you for sharing
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

K8 said...

I love it!! Amazing project, lovely color!! Thank´s for sharing, hugs Kate xx

Crafty Judith said...

Love it hun awesome project really beautiful great tut too hugs Judith xxx

* Shell B.* said...

Fantastic work Lesia, love everything and gonna have to check out the tutorial!
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

Gloria Stengel said...

This is so fantastic. I love the paper and the style of this one! Great job!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An amazing project and beautiful too.

lovecraftingpaper said...

This album is very beautiful! I love vintage style and this box cover is very inspiring to me!

Mariangela

Urvashi Rao said...

I love the way it looks. Very beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...