Taking A Break

Hi Everyone, I know it seems like I've been gone forever but in reality I have been working on Christmas presents.  I decided to gift my boys with a mini album like the one I shared on a previous post.  Additionally, I couldn't leave out the other men of my life so they too are being gifted with a mini album.

The plan is to have the albums at least 30% complete with photos just to get them started.  Well that is taking a lot more time than I anticipated but I'm committed so that is why I have been missing in action.

I decided that I would take a break from mini albums and make a couple of cards to share with everyone.  It is fun to do different things but I always come back to my cards...go figure.  Oh, btw, my co-worker and her husband loved the framed wedding gift I gave them.

Okay now on to the cards I want to share:

This first card is the result of being asked if I could do a vintage card of the early African American woman.

It was very difficult to find photos of Black Women in the early 30's or the Victorian Days and even more difficult to find portraits of any Black Americans.  Fortunately, with continued searching I was able to find a few portraits.

The one I decided to use was a portrait of a female that represented pride, hardships, strength, style and beauty at the same time.

I decided to call this card "Proud Beauty" (forgot "strong"); the 3 levels of the female in this photo (1. Pride through the hardships; 2. Strength in faith; and 3. Beauty of being a woman).   Although you may not see what I see, I hope there is still some kind of inspiration in this creation.

My second card was created with the remains of a paper pack I used to created a paper bag mini album.

The front belly band holds two tags for any personal message and the leaves were cut using more leftover paper just because it was available.

I added a little stitching around the card because the colors and patterns of the paper started to overlap and I needed something to separate the layers (smiles).  I couldn't think of another reason.


I finished off the paper pack by decorating the inside with more strips and scraps and then added a space for a message.

I really like how this card turned out and now, I just need to figure out who I can give it to.  Guess I'll hold on to it for now.




Oh well my lovely crafting friends, this is all I have for today.  The weather is dreary, cold and the wind is singing the winter song.  My house is nice and warm and perfect time for PJ's and a hot cup of something (aha-gotcha, thought I was going to say chocolate didn't ya).

Five more days to enter this month's challenge so you still have time.

Until next time be safe where ever you are
Hugs
~Lesia

9 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

Two beautiful projects. I especially love that Victorian beauty. The embellishments you used are perfect for the design.

Karen Petitt said...

Two stunning projects Lesia.
I really hope I see the same as you do in the first card - I see a beautiful vintage woman, gorgeous papers and embellishments, thanks you for sharing xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your cards, but particularly the woman one - it is amazing!!
Blessings
Maxine

ibalady said...

sounds like you have your work all planned out for the mini albums. glad you could stop so you could make those terrific cards

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous, I love the image and the papers.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Sheila H said...

Gorgeous projects, Lesia. I particularly love the vintage African American woman card. It's a real jewel.

Pumpy said...

These cards are great, especially the top card. Go well with the doing of your mini Albums. Lovies

CraftySue52 said...

Beautiful job on the cards..what a great vintage feel you gave to the first one.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the cards, but have to say I love, love that lady, I'm glad to see you could make such beautiful cards with her, she deserves it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...