Time For A Layout

Awww... its Wednesday again, the day they call "hump day" and for me it was my first day back to work after suffering through the attack of the mighty flu.
As of today however, I think the flu has retreated and is moving on elsewhere to rain havoc on some poor soul.

Although I am not 100% I am indeed much better than last week, so after missing my craft-room for so long I decided to do something I haven't done in about a month.  There are still a few photos (60) lying on my desk just waiting to be scrapped and retired to a scrapbook home.  So here I go with two page layouts that I'd like to share.

To those of you that don't scrapbook, just think of a page layout as a giant size card, that you get to add more embellishments to.  Or you can take a card sketch and turn it into a page layout.  In my mind they are almost the same, at least the requirements tend to run hand-in-hand except on a different scale. .. hey I think that creating a page from a card sketch and vice versa would be a cool thing to do.  I might give it a go the next time I create a page using a sketch.  I'll share when I do but until then to each its own.

Check out my layouts and leave your thoughts for me.

My first layout honors the two youngest of my 8 grand-kids.  These two little ones are the light of my life and the bond they share is amazing. Ryan is always trying to protect his little sister.  He pats her when she cries, fetches her binkie and tells her in a soothing voice that its okay.  It makes my heart smile to see such innocent love in these young ones.

They say (the mom) that Alexis is my double-mint twin and since she is a cutie I love the comparison (smiles)

Okay, on to the scrapping part.  The paper is My Mind's Eye and I used a Martha Stewart punch to create the 3 border strips.  I used a Tim Holtz die to cut out two lamp post and then I adorned them with a couple of daisies (is my spelling correct and these are daisies, aren't they?) courtesy of Petaloo.  I added a couple of flourish stickers to add a little shine, and lastly were a few brads in the corner and the title "two peas in a pod" because that was so perfect for these two.

Well now moving on to my second page layout that I think turned out pretty good.  I used the photo equipment at Wal-mart to print the photo in Sepia and Black & White, but decided to use the Sepia one for this page.

This photo represents the rowdy crew..a group of over achievers that have proven their intellect by being selected to attend their first year of college at the tender age of 15.

By time they graduate from High School they will have 2.5 years of college credit toward a Bachelor's Degree.

This photo also gives you a glimpse of my DT Girls minus the 2 that are not in the photo.

For this layout I used double-sided Websters paper to create the background and the black border strips.  I used Spellbinders to cut the shape to the smaller border.

The flowers are Prima and Recollections.  Beneath the photo I added a blue border using my newest Marianne Die and weaved a ribbon through it.   Most of the leaves were cut from Marianne dies and a few were made with a Martha Stewart punch.  I used the Weathered Clock die from Tim Holtz and added a metal butterfly.

I thought about entering these layouts in a few challenges, but I once again ran out of energy and with work looming in the early hours I thought perhaps now would be a good time to say to everyone....

Thanks for stopping by.....leave me a comment and remember......

"Happiness is a Choice" or "Life is a Journey so why not enjoy it"

Hugz From Texas
Lesia

5 comments:

Sheila H said...

Love the photos and layouts, Lesia. The colors and embellishments are so well coordinated. The designs are fabulous. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Beautiful LO! You are totally inspiring me to get working on mine again. Thanks for the super sweet comment on my blog. It is always nice to make new crafting friends:)

sweetpea1030 said...

Hi, Mema. Popping in to say hello. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love that white-on-white lattice card. You've got some really beautiful things here. TFS

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Beautiful layout, love the design. Thanks for stopping by and leaving the lovely comments.
Hugs
Berni
berni46blogspot.

kscraps2 said...

Beautiful layouts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...