Graphic45 and Tim Holtz

Today was a better day for me.  My energy is slowly returning and I am able to stay on my feet a bit longer and my appetite is returning.  I think the flu-bug is on the prowl, looking for other unprotected individuals to attack.

This new strand of the flu is a force that is relentless and in some cases it has actually taken the lives of some.  I think New York has the highest fatality rate, but Texas has its share of the statistics as well, therefore I am truly grateful that I am not part of those statistics.

Before I trod forward with my daily blog of today I want to announce our first winner in January's Challenge - Favorites of Year 2012!

Our winner is a newcomer to our challenges...
first timers luck you might say.
Anyway the card chosen for me to case is entry.....

Number 9....Congratulations to Roz!

You have won a gift certificate to Saturated Canary
digital images online store.
Contact me before Friday, January 25th to claim your prize.
(lesia1707@att.net)

Anyway while lying in bed with my laptop I reviewed a few techniques demonstrated by Tim Holtz on you tube and then I checked out the project sheets offered by Graphic 45.  The end result was my creating a couple of tags using project sheets from Graphic 45 and a basic card using a Tim Holtz technique combined with a sketch I found on my computer.

So as not to keep you wondering, plus I think I've used up all the energy I had and now feel the need to lie down once again.  I might add to this post later but for now I have to go rest a bit more...sort of like having to feed your gas tank to keep your vehicle moving.  I need to gas up just a bit.


This particular tag was made using Graphic 45 "A Ladies Diary" paper pack and miscellaneous items I had in my stash.  This one was supposed to follow a project sheet but I had to improvise so much that I'm not sure that I can claim I followed the sheet.  

I used lots of scraps ( I hate to waste paper) and I have way to many scraps that I really should let go but I have admitted in the past that I do have hoarder tendencies although they are on a much smaller scale than the ones you see on that popular TV show.

The next tag was created using instructions found on a Graphic 45 Project Sheet.  This tag is really tall but once you get started you soon realize it had to be this tall.

I followed the instructions pretty close with this one although I had to substitute the add on image because the one they suggested I had already used.  No I wasn't using a full paper pack when I started this.

I started with a tray full of scraps and a partial paper pack, but it was still fun working with the projects and seeing how close I could get.

I got started making tags and perhaps when my energy returns I'll make a couple more.


Lastly is a card I would like to share.  On this card I used inking and staining techniques demonstrated by Tim Holtz.

There is also a bit of distressing and spritzing on the card as well.

Archival ink was used to stamp the image and the sentiment, both from Stampendous (I think those are the ones that promote Ranger products).

This medication I am on has some weird side effects such as dizziness and to be honest I feel like I am on a hangover and I promise I have had no alcohol in the last 2 weeks.  (Perhaps that is the problem...ha ha).

I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Card Makin Mamas - Clean and Simple Challenge
Cards Galore Challenge - Anything Goes
Hotshot Craft - Clean and Simple

Well my lovelies, I must end now....I'm not sure but I think I just hit my head on the back of my chair and I'm sure to have a knot tomorrow.

I am planning on entering my tags in the following challenges:

Divas By Design - Make it Girlie Challenge
Besties Challenge - Anything Goes
Anything But A Card -Tie it Up

Until next time thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Sheila H said...

Your tags and card are exquisite, Lesia. Even when you're sick your talent shines through. Keep resting ... Don't rush your recovery.

Jacquel said...

I love your creations! They're very beautiful...I do hope you're feeling better soon.

I found your blog on the Outlawz & I'm your newest follower. I look forward to seeing more of your work!!!

Jennie Atkinson said...

Great tags - what lovely papers. Off to investigate! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Angela said...

The embellishments on her dress are a nice touch! Love the vintage colors on your CAS card. Thank you for sharing with us at the Card Makin' Challenge Blog!

Margaret said...

Your vintage tags are gorgeous! The black flowers on the first one are so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card!

Julia S-W said...

Lovely tags made with wonderful vintage style papers.
Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But A Card for this challenge.

Barbara said...

Brilliant creations, such lovely tags...thanks for joining in our challenge at Cards Galore.
Barbara x

Christy said...

You did fabulous at these projects! :) :) Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card!!! :) :) :)

craftymum said...

Wonderful!. Thank you for joining us at HSC for our CAS challenge

Sarah x

Deena said...

Thanks for joining in the tie it up challenge at Anything But A Card! What fabulous projects! Glad to hear you are feeling better from the nasty flu...lots of people hit hard this year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...