October Challenges

To Read About Our Sponsors and Their Prizes Click the Home Tab
 
(This page contains all three challenges so don't forget to scroll down!)

Add your comments at the very end. This way you only have to comment once for all 3 challenges. Thank you for commenting!

Challenge 1 - Scene it With Nature
(this challenge has closed but scroll down for challenges 2 and 3)
To enter this challenge all you need to do is create a scene on your card.  Use multiple images to create a scene or just one image that is a scene. Tell the story.  You can use any image as long as the image includes elements of nature, such as trees, birds, buildings, etc.).  So create your scene and share it with us.   

You have until midnight October 11th to enter your creation. 
The winner for 5 Robert Jackson digital images will be drawn on October 12th.
 
Please remember to follow the standard rules located in the rules tab above
The additional rules shown below apply to all three challenges:

1. Please make sure that you link to the URL of your project, not your blog;
2. You may Enter THREE Projects and you can combine your entry with as many other challenges as allowed.
3. Don't forget to add a link back to our challenge on your blog.
4. Remember anyone can enter my challenges but you must be a follower to claim a prize

Note: A minimum of 10 entries is required for a prize to be awarded

Here is a sample card to get you started:
This scene was already created thanks to Robert Jackson of "Fine Arts By Robert Jackson".  Both my DP and CS is DCWV.  I added a little bit of embossing as an element and used a MS border punch at the bottom.







Using Robert's silhoutee made this card a cinch to make.  On the inside I kept the color scheme  carried the border design over making sure I added a space for a personal  message.
 


This card is one of my Christmas designs to add to my usual card kits.  I used the Aspen Snowflake to punch around the mat and then used a Spellbinders Die label 8 to create the frame. Using a "thing-a-magig" I positioned the trees to fall in line with the frame.  The horse and buggy was cut using my Cricut Cartridge called "Heritage" ( I love that cartridge).  I'm not sure that you can see the glistening of the snow and tree limbs, but its there thanks to good ole Stickles.

The trees flow over to the inside and I used the cutout from the front window as the area for a personal message.  Adding the MS border undet the trees finished off my card. (didn't add stickles inside).



This lovely card was created by Joyce using Spellbinders to create the window and a digi stamp with faux grass and sky technique (which you can find under my tutorials tab) to create a simple yet beautiful scene.


Hopefully, I have inspired you to participate in this challenge.  Remember we have three challenges going on so join in all three.  I can't wait to see your creations!

*******************************************************

Challenge 2 - Those Bloomin' Flowers.

This is a fun challenge.  Gather your flowers and think of all the colors of nature.  Have fun with this one.  Your flowers may be digital or they may be made from mulberry paper, it's all up to you. You can use any image but don't forget the flowers....and it doesn't have to be a card.

You have until midnight October 18th to enter your creation.
Saturated Canary is offering two digital images to the winner of this challenge.  The winner will be drawn on October 19th.
 
Here are sample cards to get you started:

I'm sure we all can recognize this darlin' image.  It's another beauty created by Krista of "Saturated Canary."

She was colored using Copics:
Reds: R30
Greys: C3, C1
Blues:  B93, B91, BG70
Browns: E25, E23, E50, E11, E13, E00, E000, E43, E42, E41, E40

I used Kraft Cardstock and Authentique Designer Paper.  The flowers are 25mm Wild Curly Roses from Wild Orchid and I used a Spellbinders die to cut the corners.

I haven't finished the inside because I ran out of scraps so trying to get a flow is a bit harder than usual.  This next card is another one created with a Saturated Canary Image and she is just adorable.
 

Thanks to Joyce of My Enchanted Paper Creations for designing this for me.  Joyce is a talented designer and currently designs for Jackson's Digital Expressions.  She also has a youtube channel (MECP2012) where you can find valuable tutorials or just click on my tutorial tab above and you can find a list of her tutorials. 
My next card I really like because I am a lover of hats. 



I saw a technique on Youtube on using a standard border punch and making it work as a punch around the page.  It was pretty cool and easy to follow. I have forgotten where I got the image but I ended up with four of them. 

The flowers are once again from Wild Orchid and the pearls are Recollection. My designer paper is Websters and the cardstock is Bazzill.  I used Spellbinders to cut the Lacy Circle and the Teardrop circle.

For the inside I tried the technique again using white cardstock to create a space for a personal messge, and then on the right I printed the verse directly onto the DP.
 
I would like to enter this card in "The Crafty Pad" Challenge #190 - Floral.
 
 

As always thanks for stopping by and remember "find beauty in all things and then go create your own."  Then go ahead and enter your creation in this challenge using Mr. Linky shown below (smiles).  Can't wait to see what you guys create:
 
*******************************************************
 
Challenge 3 - Animals Gone Wild

If you're here then you're ready to showcase those creatures big and small.  From dogs to cats and everything in-between we want to see those little cuties or those strong wow types.  Any animal is welcomed in this challenge so get your mojo going and let's hear some noise...well we will pretend we can hear the animals calling us.

You have until midnight October 25th to enter your creation. A winner will be selected by random draw and will win 5 Bugaboo digital images. 
The winner for this challenge will be drawn on October 26th.
 
Check out these sample cards for inspiration:







 
This was an inspired card that I created mainly for the words.  The cage and bird was cut using a Tim Holtz die, embossed using UTE and popped up on the card.

I used a Martha Stewart punch to cut out the branches and added a few pearls to finish it off.  The words were printed directly to the cardstock using my printer.

For the inside I used the same paper and found a birdcage stamp to place in the upper right corner.  I created a pocket on the left side with an insert for a personal message.  I thought the paper was much to pretty to hide (lol).
 
 
This was a real fun card with fun colors.  The image is from Bugaboo Stamps, one of our sponsors this month.  I used both prismacolor pencils with gamsol and copics to color this stamp.  The chocolate punch is an EK Success and the red punch is Martha Stewart.  The designer paper is DCWV and the cardstock is Recollections.

 
The inside of the card is nothing special but as usual I did my best with the leftover scraps. Maybe I'll add more later after a good night's sleep.

Well folks, I hope these two cards has given you ideas and encouraged you to participate in our "Animals Gone Wild" challenge. 

I want to enter this card in the following challenges:
Anything Goes Challenge Blog

Enter your creations below.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...