Dog Days of Summer

Talk about the "dog days of summer!"  Well we are going through a heat wave and I can tell you that the AC is cranked up, the ceiling fans are running and the ice maker is working more overtime than I am.  The only thing I seem to be doing is drinking water as if there will be none tomorrow.  Well although today is Thursday, it is Friday for me!!! yeah no work tomorrow so I can stay up a little late and do a little blogging.

I am amazed at the number of entries my July challenge has gotten, but it is rather exciting and the one thing that has happened is we past my goal of 150 entries therefore there will be an additional entry prize given away based on a vote by my grand-daughters (they think they are my design team).  So for July we will have three winners. Kim was our first winner and received her winnings on July 15th.  Our second winner will be announced on July 30th and we will vote on July 31st for our 3rd winner.

Well let me go ahead and share my "Dog Days" card with everyone.

The image on this card is actually a sketch that I scanned and manipulated it using Adobe Photoshop.  I then matted it and inked the edges with tea dye distress ink.  The DP is from Basic Grey "Little Black Dress" collection and Recollections Black cardstock. I used Tim Holtz die "Hardware Findings" to add the hinge across the top for no apparent reason.  It just seemed to look cute and added a bit of alpha male look.

On the inside as usual I pick up the scraps and try to find ways to use them (I can't seem to waste anything). I may go back later and add a hinge on each side just to add the something that is missing (smiles)

Now before I close this post let me mention that my BFF (Joyce) over at www.scrapbookstampinista.blogspot.com is hosting her very first challenge in honor of the upcoming Olympics, so get your creative juices flowing and hop on over there.  Who knows you could be the GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE prize winner.  Check it out...the challenge countdown starts tomorrow.

Another site you might want to visit is www.jacksonsdigitalexpressions.blogspot.com and take advantage of their "anything goes" challenge.  If you enter the challenge there, mention you found them at Mema's Crafts.

I plan to enter my card in the following challenges.

The Outlawz - Monday Greetings Challenge "Dog Days Summer"

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Too cute Lesia!! This is gorgeous.
Blessings
Maxine

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous love the layout. Caroline xxx

Kim. said...

Aw this is so cute yet masculine!
Thanks for the prize, I think I will use one of them to enter your mentioned Olympics challenge.
Kim xXx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Love this! What a great image! Wow did you sketch this? It is perfect! Beautiful work :) I also have candy over on my blog if you are interested :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous card both inside and out, love the layout and that wonderful hinge!
hugs
glenda

Skye said...

Cute card. Love the image. Great colour and design.

Thank you for your kind comments on my blog and for becoming a follower

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...