First Entry

Are you ready for what might be a long post. This past week has been hectic for me. My day job workload has increased to a point where every minute is extremely valuable and cannot be wasted or things will fall through the cracks if you know what I mean. The joy is when I walk through the parking lot to get in my car to head home. I know when I reach home and get in my craftroom I will be able to relax...at least that's the usual routine, but for the past two weeks I have been concerned about the outcome of my friend and companion, Gizzie, my four-legged friend.  Seems she has developed a growth that could be a malignant cyst or a tumor.  I've had her since she was 6 weeks old and she is now going on 11 years, so the waiting is painful.

To keep my sanity I have pushed myself to concentrate not on work and not on Gizzi...I mean "it is what it is".  My phrase is "today is controlled by God and me...God controls what happens and I control how I handle it", so I will be strong.
I've kept busy by checking on my own challenge and entering those of others. This keeps me in a positive mood and allows my creativity to continue.  The rest of the story will be told to me tomorrow when Gizzie's results are back and my office will still be there (at least I hope so), so for today I have two cards I want to share with you. Here is the first one along with the sketch I followed.

CS: Bazzill
Designer Paper: Recollections    Spellbinders Nestabilities: Scalloped Hearts, Renaissance Heart and the Classic Heart.  Pearl Embellishments:  Zva Pearls   Sentiment: Stampin Up. 

The inside of the card follows the outside theme.  I am entering this card in The Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Challenge.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...