Cooler Weather in the Forecast

As usual by the time I got home from work, I barely had time to turn on the lights in my craftroom before it was bedtime..at least it seemed that way to me. Thank goodness I did cut my paper and sketch my design earlier in the week.  There's a new sketch challenge over at "The Outlawz" and needless to say I will enter as often as I can because I really do like sketch challenges.  The results are just endless even with the simplest of sketches.  What you will see below is the challenge sketch and my version of it.  I also wanted to share with you a card that is not square.  I didn't realize that I haven't made an A2 or A4 card in so long I wasn't sure that I still remembered the measurements for one, so I wanted to share one with you.  Lastly before I give you the cards is a reminder that my November challenge will be posted this weekend with great goodies to go along with it.  So make sure you check back often to get in on the fun.

This is the sketch as presented by the folks over at "The OutLawz" and below is my interpretation of this sketch.
I used SU cardstock as my card base
Paper Studio was used for all my layering
Martha Stewart PATP Rings provided the border
A Sizzix embossing folder was used for both mats
The image was printed on Neenah paper and colored with Copics
Florals are from Wild Orchid
The card is 6 x 6 square

This next card was just a card that reminded me of the trees in North Carolina in the Winter time.  I imagined how the trees were at this time of the year with their many autumn colors weaving a blanket of colors when seen from up above and then the leaves fall and the trees are bare and appear naked against the night sky.  But with the stars in the sky they seem to carry just a hint of sparkle as seen on the following card.


Thanks for stopping by and hope you'll come back real soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!
I'm your newest follower and found your blog through The Outlawz Follow Me Forum.

You have a lovely blog! Your card is a piece of art inside and out and I'm gonna enjoy follow you forward :)

Hope you have had or will take your time to visit my cyberspace to. ;)

xx/MulleSnuttan

Unknown said...

*cardS ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...