Crazy Birds

Hello everyone, its me again! Can you believe I am back before the month ends? I think it was the extra time we got from celebrating Labor Day.  

So now to share my latest endeavors.  I just found the joy of creating with "Crazy Birds" from Tim Holtz.  I think this is going to be fun and I am hoping we will see these little creations as mini birds in the near future.  How about it Tim, can we look for it in the near future. I'm not sure how long I will be in awe of these things but that is where I am at the moment.

I have additionally as a direct result of these birds been introduced to shrink plastic.  If you haven't used shrink plastic, you have got to try it.  It is amazing watching something shrink without losing its definition.  Once I perfect the technique of using it then I will try creating with it.  But until then I will continue to make cards as I always have. 



This card actually measures 6.25 x 4.25 and is a tent-fold style card.  The image was made using "Crazy Birds" along with "Crazy Things".  I colored my image with Copic markers and used foam tape to pop everything up.  My greeting (which is actually a sentiment) is by Stampendous

My inspiration for this card came from K. Werner Designs, a fabulous designer for Tim Holtz and Ranger.  I think I will be creating with these birds for the next week or so and I'll be sure to share with everyone.

I want to enter the following challenges:
(unless otherwise noted these challenges are Anything Goes)

Lost Coast Portal - Challenge #28
House of Cards - Sep Challenge: Add A Bird or Colors
Craft Your Passion - Challenge #328
Crafting From the Heart - Challenge #326
Unicorn Challenge #13 - Happy Birthday
Sunny Day Crafting - Challenge #13 
Lemon Shortbread - Challenge #23
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
Just Keep On Creating - September Link Up

I can't wait to start my next Crazy Bird card! This is as addictive as my scenic stamps. It feels great to have options and time to play in my craftroom.  I'm finally feeling the joy and freedom of retirement.

Until next time, be creative and don't forget to leave a comment and let me know you visited.

Hugs from Texas
~Lesia
"Make time to make Stuff"

16 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Lesia - love that sentiment!! I have just opened my Crazy Cats stamp set and am loving it!
Blessings
Maxine

Janis Lewis said...

So cute! Thanks for linking up at Sunny Day Crafting.
~DT Janis

Sheila H said...

What a fun card!

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Very cute card-puts a smile on your face! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion!
Carolyn DT

Unknown said...

Hi Lisia, your card is fabulous those crazy birds are such fun. Love the colouring and that sentiment is just great and really made me laugh. Thanks for sharing with us in our challenge, good luck in the draw and hope to see you again. Jennifer DT member Unicorn Challenge Blog.x

Beatriz said...

Great and funny card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments designs, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs! Beatriz Dt

Glittered Paws said...

What a fun card and I love crazybirds too. Anxious to see what you come up with next. Thanksfor joining us at House of Cardds challenge this month. Shirley H.

Patricia Alvarez said...

Great card! I love the coloring. Great sentiment! Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. Good luck!!! Patricia

Mynn xx said...

LOL, this is too fun! I LOVE the way you colored the images--and that sentiment is just perfect! Fabulous card! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

suzARTe said...

This is such a funny and cute card, I love the main image and the colours.It would be fantastic if you shared this creation at Anything goes September link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Great card, very funny! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn, Claire DT x

Rosmarie said...

I adore these crazy birds from Tim Holtz, ....they can be used sooo diverse!
Lesia, you made a super funny card with this crazy creature and the sentiment is just perfect!
Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards!
Hugs, Rosi

Bettina L. said...

Love that bird and CAS design. Thanks for playing at Lemon Shortbread and good luck. Hope to see you back later today for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member Lemon Shortbread xx

suzARTe said...

That crazy bird looks fantastic, the bright pink gives the card so much cheer, love the sentiment as well.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
Anything goes September link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx

Sari / Granne said...

What a fun card and love that crazy bird in pink. Thank you for joining Lost Coast Portal to creativity "Anything goes" -challenge, hope to see you soon again.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Your card is crazily cute, Lesia. I love your coloring. ​Thanks for joining us at House of Cards this month. We hope to see you again soon.

​E​m AKA Creative Em
HOC DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...