CONSTRUCTION OVER!! TRANSFORMATION DONE!

 Hello Everyone! Wow it has been almost 8 months since my last post so this one is definitely needed.  I'm excited and pleased to share with you my new place of retreat and relaxation.  I won't bore you with to many details but I'd like to share photos of why I am so excited, so here you go.  

This is the view from the hallway into my newly designed craft room. It measures 18 x 20.

In the center I have my craft table that is approximately 6.5' x 4.5' It seats four ( 2 per side) and has shelving on each end. On one side I currently have wooden stamps and a few punches but this is only temporary.




From this angle you can see the opposite end of my craft table where I store most of my spooled ribbon. You can also see the seating area although my chairs had not arrived when this photo was taken so I am using stools from the Butler's Pantry (with DIL permission).  Each side also has four drawers for the most used items. This works well when I have a class or have friends over to craft with me.

I tried to organize my space into different zones or areas. In some cases it worked well and in others not so much.

This photo is of my storage for dies, clear stamps and embossing folders. On the top I keep my dies in the frig bins separated by category and company. Ninety percent of my dies are from one company so that was easy. If a die has a stamp I stored it with the stamps.

The stamps are in the drawers and they are stored by company by category. At the moment I am not sure if I will eventually change it to just category but for now my brain thinks of the company and then of the stamp. One drawer is dedicated to StampinUp, another drawer is all about Stampendous and Tim Holtz. There is a drawer for my storage supplies and then my embossing folders have a drawer.

I dedicated the wall with the window as my cut, print and press area. I keep my printers there and everything else within close proximity.

Of course the doors and drawers I use for supplies, extra machines and stuff I need but seldom use (ya'll know what I mean)

On the wall I have my sprays and other little things that I had no where else to store.


I was real excited to have a sink included this time so it made sense to make this area my mixed media storage as well as stuff that we tend to purchase for a project and then never use again for months.

It also gave me ways to store my many brushes and since there is a coffee bar in my new space I keep my cleaning supplies in this area as well.  Oh BTW that is indeed an ice maker sitting there. I have a dorm fridge but it doesn't make ice.

This area is mostly for items required when working with vinyl or sublimation.

I keep cutting mats, heat press mats and vinyl that come in boxes in these drawers. From the Cricut Joy, Infusible Ink Sheets, Laminate and any other thing I can use with Cricut is in this area.

It is also a flow over for my markers and Tim Holtz steel reel dies.
I just wanted to share this Billy Bookcase with glass doors. It was perfect to keep my Cricut machines, Brother, Easy Presses, Minc etc.

They are right there whenever I need them and the counter is just to the right ready with outlets so I can plug right in.

Although I do have dust covers for my machine keeping them behind doors but visible just made me happy.
This DreamBox took me on an adventure I never want to travel again.  From the moment I ordered it the process was nothing less than frustrating and nerve wrecking. By the time it arrived I no longer wanted it, tried to sell it tried to use it in the garage... I mean I was ready to send this thing to H***!

It was the worse retail experience I have ever encountered but in the end my son and DIL made it useable for me. So I store all my embellishments in this unit which allowed me to get rid of a lot of plastic bins and baskets.

Finally, I have what I refer to as my supply, ink and paper area. My Kallax unit was designed to hold my Distress/Oxide Inks.  I also store my mini ink cube for various brands in this unit.

My daily supplies and tools are kept here as well with easy access. I have a few border punches here and Anna Griffin products are kept here as well.

All paper, cardstock, kits and paper pads are stored and kept here. I do have a few drawers for those once or twice projects that I might try here and there. 

Anything I create for craft shows or by request are stored in the additional drawers.

Well there you have it. My newly designed craftroom.  Let me know what you think and visit me on Facebook and of course check out my website at http://www.memascrafts.com to see what I create. 

Until next remember to
 "find beauty in all things and create something new"
Sending hugs and kisses from Texas
~Lesia~




2 comments:

Janette said...

Oh my word what an amazing room you have, I love it and I hope you enjoy creating in there, I would never come out :)).xxx

Marjeta said...

OMG. This is wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...