Computer Woes (pinned to the top)

Wow!! What a week or should I say what a month August was for me. Everything was going on and just when I thought it was over my PC decided to bomb out on me. The damage was heart-wrenching and the cost of the repair even more so. Nonetheless, I stayed strong and fought hard not to conclude that I needed a new PC.

As repairs were being made I did two things. The first thing I decided to do as I waited for my PC to be repaired was to create something different that did not require my computer.

My second thought was to spend time purging my craft-room and doing a bit of organizing. Well in doing this I found these napkins I had purchased from Tuesday Morning last year and thought they would be cute as a card. So with this thought in mind, I proceeded to create a card.  
Afterwards, there were enough pieces left that I figured a matching envelope would be perfect. 

After doing this I thought of other ways this technique would be useful. Such as serving as a really neat memento to have of a wedding or a baby shower??? 

Next time you attend a wedding grab a few of the napkins and transfer those memories onto a card, or a box or even a canvas. Here is how it turned out. What do you all think about this?



As you can see it was a pack of napkins and all I used was one napkin so I could have made at least 8 more cards or altered a box or something.

I think I will try doing this again with glitter and other embellishments. On this one, I did create another sunflower and popped it up to add dimension to the card.

The second thing I did was to organize and find things to purge and I have one item that someone might find of interest.

It is the Tim Holtz Craft Spinner. I am already three tiers tall and have not space to start another set so I am giving it away. All you have to do if you're interested is leave a comment and add your name to Mr Linky below
.




This is the spinner but the blending tools are not included and I will pay to ship up to $5.





Anything over $5 I will invoice you for the additional cost provided you are still interested. This applies to anyone who is outside the U.S. as well.

Well, that's all I have for this post. Don't forget to comment and add your name.




Thanks for stopping by.
Sending Hugs from Texas
~Lesia


5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Lesia - what a month you have had!!
I love the napkin technique and how you have layered the sunflower.
I would love the spinner, but cannot afford the added cost of shipping at the moment, especially as our dollar is way down against yours, but thanks for the offer, and I hope it goes to a good home :)
Blessings
Maxine

Papercrafting Princess said...

That's what I love about your work, always unique and full of details. I'm playing around with decorating my envelopes too. I have a use for the spinner. Thanks for the opportunity to win!

Bobbkat said...

I love your work, see it all the time on Stampscapes! Kathi Bobb

Treva said...

Leisa,

Sorry to hear about your computer problems, love your napkin cards; I picked up some napkins from TM last year and I have not used them yet, maybe soon. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing.

persiankat555 said...

Lesia!! Your generosity overwhelms me!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...