Let the Holidays Began

Hello everyone.  Do you find it amazing that when you go to any craft store today you will see both Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all being displayed?  I mean Halloween hasn't arrived and yet I see Christmas trees and lights all over the place.  I just smile and think of how soon city streets and family homes will be lit with bright lights.  Yep, its the time of year when the air will become crisp and cool and there will be lots of music and festivities. 

Before I continue further I have to announce that my Christmas card entry over at Creative Fingers was chosen to be one of their Top 3 Design Team Favorite.  Yeah! to me for the honor of being selected.  Much hugs and thanks to the team.

Now back to my post. What better way to start the holidays than to create a card for each holiday.  For this post, I am sharing a Halloween card and a Christmas card.  I hope you will like them both.  I am still working on an Autumn or Thanksgiving card to share later.


I started by masking out a moon and then inking the entire card with Distress Inks.  Once the inking was completed I removed the mask and then used a die to cut out my spooky house.  I used pieces of paper to place behind the windows. Using a Stampscapes stamp I added a few weeds in the front of the house. The greeting and the bat are dimensional stickers by Dollhouse.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges - #194 Halloween (10/17)
Inspiration Destination - #135 Anything Goes (10/17)
Double D Challenges - Fright Night (10/15)
Crafty Gals - #144 Make it Spooktacular (10/16)



For this card, I embossed a sheet of white Bazzil and then cut it in 2 sizes.  I also embossed the card base.  The designer paper is from My Minds Eye (MME).  To create both the centerpiece and the greeting, I cut out the holly and the bells from the designer paper and adhered to pieces of chipboard which I cut out to fit the shape.  Then I glued the pieces together and added some foam adhesive to the back.  The greeting was also cut and added to chipboard before adhering to the card.  Each square was layered to create a diamond with a bit of dimension. 

I hope to enter the following challenges:
The Merry Christmas Challenge - #38 Anything Goes Christmas (10/17)
Creative Moments - #128 Anything Goes/Smile (10/16)
Sweet Stampin Christmas - Anything Christmas Goes (10/30)
Addicted to Stamps & More - #263 Holiday (10/16)


As always thanks for stopping by 
and come again soon.
Sending hugs from Texas
~Lesia~

15 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Wonderful Halloween scene. Thanks so much for sharing it with us Double D Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your designs in future challenges.
Kathy
DD DT

Jackie C said...

Both are fabulous! Wonderful that you have shared your great artwork with us here at PDE. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ PDE

LilArtsyWoman said...

Gorgeous cards...always glad to see your creations.

mum of two said...

They are both fabulous creations! Thanks so much for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (PDE DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

Darlene said...

Both cards are fabulous Lesia! Love your design on the Christmas card and the night sky on your Halloween card is AMAZING to say the least! Fabulous scene you've created! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Fright Night’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing them at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges and at The Merry Christmas Challenge.
Janis, Owner/DT

Unknown said...

Stunning! Love that layout!
Thank you for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge... and best of luck with your entry.

Mary DT The Merry Christmas Challenge...

Ina G said...

Beautiful Christmas card Mema. Love the layout - so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps & More.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the Halloween card! That masking technique is pretty cool!
Thanks for joining our linky party at PDE!

Evelyn
https://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Marjeta said...

Love, love your Halloween card. Gorgeous background and Spooky house.


Marjeta

Cards By MI said...

Love your christmas card with all the layers. Looks wonderful! Thanks for joining us over at the Merry Christmas Challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Julie B said...

What a fab spooky house, great inking in the background.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week. :)

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Wow, such a fabulous Halloween card! Love the detail of the image and the background is just perfect. Thanks so much for joining Double "D" Challenge this time.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenge)

Mia said...

Two beautiful cards, Mema. I love the scene of the Halloween card and the embossed paper of the Christmas card. Great colours to both of them. Kisses!!!

Inkypinkydelights said...

What lovely creations! Thank you so much for sharing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...