First Bestie Image Card

Hello, everyone.  Today has been one of those days, you know the one where you simply don't want to do anything, go anywhere and you're not quite sure why you feel so blah.  You're not sick and you didn't have a bad day the day before and no one has done or said anything to upset you and yet you seem to have a "leave me alone" attitude.  That has been me for most of the day.

Perhaps it was the whole eclipse thing, that has somehow affected my inner spirit.  It was kind of neat although we only got a partial here in Texas.  I was able to capture it using the old cereal box viewer we learned in elementary school.

Okay back to my gloom and doom day.  After eating a bag of Ruffles and my last ice cream cup (talk about emotional eating) I made my way to my craft room. It took a few minutes but after fluttering around a bit I did finally (3 hrs later) sit myself down and created my first "Bestie Girl" card. I don't have very many of these images but the ones I do have are really cute and a bit detailed, so coloring up this one did take complete focus.  I hope you like my little Bestie.





"Fishing" Bestie is the name of this image (I think) and you can find the clear stamp on Etsy. She was colored with Copic markers and I apologize for not writing down the markers I used but you can tell they all came from the Reds, Blues, Browns, Greys and a few from the Yellow family. I thought to add a touch of golden yellow to her red and blue outfit made it not look too patriotic since that is not what I was shooting for.  After I heat embossed the greeting "Way to Go!" I added some Wink of Stella for a soft shimmer.  

Other products I used include Authentique designer paper collection "Lovely" that had papers with dots and stripes. The flowers are from Recollections and the gemstones were part of a Bo Bunny kit I had and didn't use until now.  I followed through to the inside using paper from the same collection.  Considering how my day started I have to admit that I am pleased with this little card that measures 5.5 x 4.5 and I even managed to create a complimentary envelope to go along with it.  

I plan to enter this little card in the following challenges: 

Catch the Bug - Bingo Challenge (embossing, dots, and stripes, 3 layers) (8/25)
Just Us Girls - #407 Color Week (red, blue, yellow) (8/23)
Crafty Friends - #64 Anything Goes (8/24)
Stamping Sensations - August Anything Goes (8/29)
Little Patch of Crafty Friends - #64 Anything Goes (8/31)


That's all for now!
Thanks for stopping by!

Sending Hugs from Texas
~Lesia~


9 comments:

Darnell said...

You didn't say, Mema, but I hope coloring and making this adorable little fishergirl card took you right out of your for-no-reason-funk! I know prezackly what you mean and both eating and carding snap me right out of it! I love all the details and especially love that fluffy fish! It's a pleasure to meet you through the challenge at Just Us Girls and become your newest follower! I'd love to have you visit me, too! Thank you so much for playing at JUGS! Hugs, Darnell

brenda said...

I know those days !! But at least it didn't get to your Mojo and you made a super creation in super bright colours that makes you want to smile, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I hate having days like that! But your card is adorable and puts a smile on my face. That image is adorable and colored beautifully to boot. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS in our Color Challenge!

Dora said...

Great design, beautiful card.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

Bobby said...

I know coloring can take me away from everything so I hope it did the same for you Mema. You did a beautiful job of coloring that darling image and including the challenge colors. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Linda said...

Thanks for playing along over at Crafty friends
You made a cheerful card!
Linda DTCF

Lisa Kind said...

Well, your procrastination led to a very cute card! I love the image and all the layers, and of course how you used the colors! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Lesia… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely card… beautiful colouring. Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Papercrafting Princess said...

Cute inside and out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...