Time Out 4 Mema

Hello my crafty friends.  Mema, here with a short time-out for crafting.  Yep this summer I had the honor of being a full time grandma for my two youngest grandsons and it has been a doosie of a summer.  I'm down to the wire with only one more week to go before I can return these two rambunctious boys to their parents and perhaps I can get caught up on all my crafting that I've had to put on hold.  At the moment they are gone with my granddaughter for an evening of bowling which means I get a time-out to craft with you guys.

Below is a quick peek at my boys.
I do have a few cards I'd like to share so without further ado I'll get to it because I never know when I will hear someone yelling "Mema".

First up is a card I completed using my newly acquired Stamp Press from Tim Holtz and Altenew Stamps and inks.  After stamping out the images I used my Brother Scan N Cut to fussy cut them with a border and then used dimensional dots to add depth.  The doily is a die cut I picked up at convention.


Entering this card in the following challenges:
Scrapper's Delight - #68 Anything Goes (7/28)
Emerald City Crafts - #1 Anything Goes (7/27)
Morgan's Artworld - #14 Anything Goes (7/27)
Craft Rocket - #39 Anything Goes (7/29)

I am really proud of how my second card turned out.  The stamp is from Power Poppy and I colored it using copic markers.  The designer paper is from my stash of Maja Design paper that I have in a bag so I don't know from which collection it came.  A very simple card that I think turned out rather cute.


Entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafting with Friends - #48 Anything Goes (8/01)
Fussy and Fancy - #192 Anything Goes (8/02)
Simply Papercraft - #48 Anything Goes (7/23)
Crafting With Attitude - #29 Anything Goes (7/31)

Lastly is a card I created after seeing one on pinterest that I liked.  Instead of using markers I decided to use my prismacolor pencils for this one.  I enjoy switching it up sometimes.  The image is a House Mouse design from Stampendous and die cuts are by Cheery Lynn.  Another simple card that I hope you like.


Entering this card in the following challenges:
Color Crazy - #29 Anything Goes
Making Memories - #7 Anything Goes But Square
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Anything Goes (7/28)

All this posting and trying to get caught up has left me a bit thirsty so I think I'll end this post with some refreshing ice tea and maybe ice cream later.  Here in Texas temperatures are reaching as high as 104F degrees.  Now that's HOT!

Until next time
Hugs from Texas
Lesia



11 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous! and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue J x

Marjeta said...

Beautiful cards. Being nanny is a tiring but wonderful job. Wish you a lot of fun with your grandsons.

Marjeta

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card for our challenge at Craft Rocket. Xxxc

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cards Mema, but even more wonderful to 'see' you here again in blogland, no matter how brief your call. Being a fulltime grandmother is hard work!!
I do love the house mouse card!!
Blessings
Maxine

SewPaperPaint said...

Your cards are so beautiful! Lovely designs, each one! Hugs, Autumn

Jane Savage said...

Fabulous cards all but I do love House Mouse and he looks very relaxed there in the sun! Wonderful photos of your gorgeous grandsons....that is a VERY big baseball!! :)
Thank you for joining us at The Colour Crazy Challenge! Jane S (DT) xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks so much for entering this delightful project into our challenge and good luck in the draw. Hope you will join us again. xx
{aNNie}DT for Emerald City Crafts

You should enter your HM card into our challenges.. it's Christmas in July and option of anything goes...

Anila Dikay said...

Pretty set of cards..
Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Rocket challenges
Anila DT

Tone K. said...

Beautiful work! I love your flower-motiv :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Fussy and Fancy! :)

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

Love these great cards- all of your colors just pop off of the page. Thank you for playing along with Making Memories Crafting. Vicki- DT

msafrocentric2012 said...

Your cards are all very nice but I like the first the best. That orange flower is pretty with the black.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...