Spectrum Noir Practice

Hello Everyone!  I have been trying to live up to my resolution to use what I have in my stash (especially paper) and to try new techniques although my passion is coloring with copics and making cards. I am hoping that learning new techniques will only widen my horizon for what I already love and that I will be able to incorporate my new techniques into my cards and other projects. 

I've been playing with my coloring media..copic, spectrum noir, pro markers, distress markers, aqua markers, and etc.  Below are two examples of what my coloring with spectrum noir looks like.  I am not as comfortable with any other marker as I am with copic markers but I am trying.

The good news is I didn't buy anything extra to create these cards..in fact I used scraps that I tend to hoard (can't throw anything away).  I was very pleased that I was able to do that.  Being retired means I've had to make some adjustments on the way I manage both my time and my funds.

Okay I am going to move forward and share with you my cards.
Card 1

Card 2

Both cards uses digi images that I have on a CD and I can't begin to tell you anything about them. The papers are from different collections by My Mind's Eye and Basic Grey.  I think card 1 was made using papers from Basic Grey "Olivia" and card 2 used papers from MME "Sunshine".

The image on each card was colored with Spectrum Noir markers and in some areas I used Prismacolor Pencils to darken the shadows.

The inside of each card used scrap papers leftover from the same paper collection I used on the front of the card.

I hope to enter the following challenges:

Inspiration Destination - #128 ATG (5/25)(MM53)
Creative Moments - #118 ATG/No Twist (5/28)(MM42)
Crafty Creations - #341 ATG (5/23)(MM171)
Crafty Girls - #36 ATG (5/30)(MM167)
Crafting With Attitude - #27 ATG (MM194)
Aud Sentiments - #180 ATG/A Sentiment (MM51)

Thanks for stopping by!
Sending Hugs from Texas
Lesia

6 comments:

LilArtsyWoman said...

Both cards are beautiful.

kiwimeskreations said...

Lesia both of these cards are beautiful - you may not be as at ease with these pens, but you really are doing some magnificent work with them.
Blessings
Maxine

Elizabeth Hart said...

The colors on the second are are showstoppers - love the rich hues. Thanks so much for joining us this at the Crafty Creations challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Marjeta said...

Fantastic card. Your coloring is super.

Marjeta

Nicola Gold said...

You've done a fantastic job using markers you're not as comfortable with. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafting with an Attitude Challenge 'Anything Goes' May 2017.
Nicola, CWAA DT (Amethyst Lily Designs )

Billie A said...

Both cards are beautiful. I too have way too much and will never use it all but like you I save every scrap.. lol. Being retired also I can relate. I LOVE what you created. Your cards are beautiful, striking. I love that it's the same image but both so different. LOVE them. So glad you shared over at Inspiration Destination and I got to meet you.
Billie A
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Creative with Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Stampavie and More

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...