Festive Colors

It's true, Autumn is actually upon us and you can tell by the changing of the air and the changing of the trees.  My fall flowers have started to produce buds and I can see the color peeking through.  

And of course our local stores reminds us with all the decorations being shown throughout the aisles. Can you believe they have Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations out at the same time. 

Although it seems to be a bit much I have to admit that I do love the deep earth colors so I created the perfect card to showcase some of our Fall colors.  



This is my first official Fall card!  I purchased the stamp from Northwoods Rubber Stamps.  Its absolutely beautiful and its label is  Fall Bouquet in Pumpkin (item numberP10090). 

I used cardstock as my base and designer paper from My Minds Eyes as a mat for my image.  The ribbon and lace peeking from behind the image was purchased at my local craft store, and finally I used my copic markers to color it and a prismacolor pencil to assist in shading my shadows.

I'm not sure that the stickles I added to the flowers can be seen in this photo but under the light in my hand it has a lovely sparkle and shimmer that adds just the right amount of pizazz. The finished card size is 5.5 x 5.5.  

This was a fun image to color and I am pleased with how it turned out. I will most likely grab a few more stamps from this company before the year ends. Use the link above to go check out what they have to offer and no I am not being paid to say this...I just think their stamps are beautiful.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
(unless noted all challenges are Anything Goes)

Scrappers Delight - Challenge #59
Ellibelle's Creations - Lets Color Linky Party#12
Digi Designs - Autumn
Great Impressions - September Challenge (ATG)
Fashionable Stamping - #115 Use Autumn Colors
Lacy Sunshine - September Challenge (ATG)
613 Avenue Create - ATG w/twist "Colors of Fall"


Until next time, sending hugs from Texas
~Lesia
Make time to Make Stuff

19 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Wow, this is such a beautiful card Lesia. I absolutely agree with you about liking rich, deep earth colours and you really have made the perfect card to showcase the Autumnal colour palette. I also like the background that you've created too as it frames your card beautifully. Such wonderful stamping and colouring! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Sandra X

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully done Lesia, gorgeous stamp and I love how you colored it!
Thanks so much for sharing!!

xEllie
Let's Color Linky Party
Critters & Creatures Linky Party

Papercrafting Princess said...

Fall is my favorite season. LOVE the colors!

Sheila H said...

Lesia, your coloring is just magnificent. The flowers and pumpkins are so alive! Thanks again for displaying your art at 613 Avenue Create.

Marjeta said...

Beautiful card Lesia. This is adorable stamping and your colouring is fantastic.
I have a candy on my blog, please come and join if you wish.

Marjeta

brenda said...

It's a wonderful image and coloured beautifully in those fabulous Autumnal colours and just prefect for our theme, many thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Lesia this is so pretty - Fabulous image, and I love the way you have coloured it - it is beautiful, and set against the gorgeous paper it really comes to life
Blessings
Maxine

LilArtsyWoman said...

Beautiful card!

Cathy said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful. I love every detail.

msafrocentric2012 said...

Nice job on the coloring. It looks lovely

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Lesia, love your colouring. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Digi Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

suzARTe said...

Oh wow, this is certainly a lovely image you have used on this card, beautiful colouing in as well.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
Anything goes September link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx

Chana Malkah said...

This is a lovely take on the traditional fall greetings design! I love the organization of your project and the layers add visual impact! The image is colored beautifully and this is the perfect presentation for it, as well!

Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card, love the image and the lovely rich Autumn tones you've used to colour it.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril x

Crafting Suzie's Creations said...

Beautiful card thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delights blog Challenge Sue DT xx

Nicky G said...

Thankyou for entering the Scrapper's Delights Challenge. I love the way you have coloured it, it's gorgeous. Thanks again for entering.
Nicky SD DT x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love the stamp and your coloring. Thank you for joining our Great Impressions Challenge this month, and I hope you to see you next month.
Ruza ~ GI DTC
Ruza's Craft Corner

Mari K. said...

Such a pretty fall card. Thanks so much for entering the Scrapper's Delights monthly challenge, we hope to see you again for the October challenge.
-Mari K.
Scrapper's Delights DT

Rae Ann said...

Loved the colors you used on this! The earth tones are gorgeous with the pops of brighter colors.

Thank you for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for our Anything Goes challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...