Christmas Is Near

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and had time to celebrate the official start of the Holiday Season with family and friends. Now is when the signs of Christmas come to life, you know the hustle and bustle in the stores and on the streets.

The scenery changes from colorful leaves to the colorful lights around homes and along the highways at night. And then the sound of music fills the air along with smiles and hellos seldom heard throughout the year.

For crafters, this is the time to start creating those Christmas cards and home decor items that say Christmas is around the corner, and I am no different.

Here is the beginning of my Christmas cards for this year and be sure and check out our DECEMBER CHALLENGE by clicking the tab above.  Its "Anything Goes"  with the theme of "celebrate the holidays" or "cold winter days".  I'll get you started here and then you can check out what the M&M Girls have when you enter your project.





I always seem to forget to keep track of the paper and copics I use on my cards but for this card I think the following recipe is at least 80% correct.

DP:  Authentique and Paper Studio
CS: Kraft (from Hobby Lobby)
Copic Markers Reds: R35, 37, 39 Browns: E50, 53, 55, 57 Grays: T1, 3, 5
Image: Peppermint Tea (Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet)
Offray Ribbon and a doily from Bo Bunny Collection




Inside
Dies: Whimsy Circle and Statley Doily
The Greeting was computer generated and the sentiment came with the image from Stitchy Bear.  Card finished size is 6x6.



My second card I wanted to resemble the winter so I used embellishments that would go with the coldness of winter although I did add a few flowers (which would not be found in the cold of winter) silly me in fantasy land of crafting.

Anyway let me see if I can remember what all I did with this card.  The image is from Bugaboo "Kidz-Winter" and I colored her with copics. I used a Marianne Design Snowflake die and Tim Holtz Holiday Lamp Post die on the front.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid and the leaves are Cherry Lynn Designs.


The DP is Maja Designs Vintage Frost Basics collection. Kraft is the card base and the cardstock is Recollections. Adding Frosted Lace Stickles gave the card a little shimmer that looks really cute (can't capture on camera) and the snow ...well I'm still trying to get the hang of it.




On the inside I added the trees (supposed to be snow trees) but the snow hasn't started falling yet (lol). Oh of course the tree die is from Tim Holtz.










I think the copics used were:
Blues: B90, 91, 93, 95, 97, 99
Skin: E15, 13, 11,00
Hair: E21, 23, 43, 53, 55, 57
Browns: E40, 43, 44, 45

Well that's what I've got to share for tonight but I have lots more Christmas cards to go so its on and popping in my craft room.






Your comments are always appreciated so please take time to leave a comment and don't forget to join in our challenge.  I love seeing what others create and finding new ways to use old stuff.

As always
Until next time

4 comments:

CraftySue52 said...

Hi Lesia! Beautiful cards. Really love how you design the inside of your cards.

New Creations said...

Love both the creations, pretty images and lovely designing!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous cards Lesia - love our use of colour and die cuts.
Blessings
Maxine

Papercrafting Princess said...

They are both beautiful. I especially love the scenery of the second card--Heartwarming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...