Showcase Those Photos Continues

Well my crafty friends, I promised to share another brag book with you all that was a bit different than the first one I shared, so I'm back to keep my word.  In fact I have two brag books to share so WARNING: this post is photo heavy.

To get started let me tell you that this particular brag book was made using two office manila folders. Yep the ones you would use on your job for filing documents.

Depending on your folder size you will need to trim it down so that your standard photo will fit your pages.

To see what I mean let's open this little book up to the inside.

The first page I decided to make it a journal page and then a pocket page that is holding two tickets, perfect for a sentiment or greeting.

The paper is Recollections "Documented Memories" and it is all left-over from a project I finished earlier and didn't use all the paper.

Notice the tabs at the top of the page.  Well this little book has two top tabs and one side tab.

You can use the tabs as a journal page or a photo sized 3x5.  Here I show you two photo mats (my neice and grand-daughter).

You can also see the side pocket tab that I referred to above.

I love the simple and easy and this little brag book came together quicker than my earlier one so I was really quite happy.

There is the possibility for 10 photos so this would be a perfect gift to give a mother-to-be as a keepsake of her baby shower, with just enough photos to bring back the memories and the smiles.

On the back cover I decided to use it as a pocket instead of a photo mat but when it comes to these mini books your imagination is your only limitation.

Okay, that finishes the first brag book I wanted to share but I have another one.

I did warn you that this would be a photo heavy post but I appreciate you hanging out with me this far.


My next brag book is more of a wallet style and it packs a wallop so lets not waste time and start to opening it up.

There is fold after fold and then a few more folds all designed to hold those precious photos and a word or two about each of them.


When you open your wallet and fold down the bottom flap you have three sections that can be used to hold tickets like I did on the top flap, journal is what I opted for on the bottom flap (not shown).

Lift the top flap on the bottom and add your notes and then the center which is actually a flap I added a photo. So now to fold that flap back.



Notice that when you fold that flap back you have space for yet another photo and then there is another fold flap on the right.

Yep you've guessed it and now we can move along fold that flap back to see what we have.


Folding back the right flap allows more space for another photo and then a center photo or whatever.  At first I had a belly band there to hold a smaller tag but changed my mind and just added a large tag with some meaningful words.

We have two more folds to go but I thought I would just fold them all out at once and give you the big picture, plus I'm getting tired of typing.

Its not a very good photo but is you click it perhaps you will be able to see the additional space for photos and will notice that I decided to use my side pockets to hold little sentiment tags.


Both of these were so much fun to make.  I used Echo Park scraps to as my designer paper to create the mats and two sheets of 12 x 12 Kraft card-stock to create the Wallet Style Book.

You can find the tutorial for both mini's on YouTube.
Both styles are by Dawn -File Folder Mini Album Style 1 and the Wallet Style Mini Album

If the links above doesn't work, no worries, I've added the tutorials to my tutorial lists. Just click the Tutorials Tab above and check them out.

So now I have shared with you three brag books that you can create in one day to showcase your photos.  Hope you enjoyed and will leave me with your thoughts of them.

Don't forget tomorrow we will have Friday winner so make sure you check to see if you're a winner and you have until the 30th to enter our monthly challenge.

Thanks for stopping by
May your holidays be filled with joy, love and the warmth of family
Be safe where ever you are
Hugs
~Lesia~

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Great albums Lesia - I am sure they will be appreciated :-)
Blessings
Maxine

krcmasterpiece said...

Mini Albums are my favorites! Yours are totally awesome! Really love the way the second one flaps out & out!

Have a blessed Christmas!

Karen Petitt said...

Stunning work Lesia, really beautiful xx

Papercrafting Princess said...

What a great gift idea, keepsake and a great way to great rid of some of my duplicate photos! TFS

msafrocentric2012 said...

Lovely album. You did a great job.

Sheila H said...

You never cease to amaze me, Lesia!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...