For now I want to share my newest attempt at creativity beyond my norm. It is called a Flip Card and let me tell you this card has more flips and flaps than some minis. I wonder if it isn't really a little biddy mini album. The finished size is 6" x 6.75" and it is cute.
Okay enough with the chit-chat, but I warn you this post may be a little long so beware.
Lastly, I removed the tags, journal tags and tri-fold card to reveal the inter-workings of this Flip Card.
It's an amazing card designed by Gloria Stengel and I've provided the basic instructions for constructing it below, but if you would like to see more photos then click on any Flip Card link within this post.
The link will take you to the Graphic 45 blog and once there you will need to scroll down a bit until you see the photo below. She has several photos and of course her tutorial is posted as well.
Well my crafty friends, I hope I have inspired you to go and take a look. Thanks for hanging out with me tonight and come again soon.
- Cut (1) 6 x 12 piece of cardstock. Score at 2 1/4, 3, 9, and 9 3/4 inches.
- Cut (4) 6 x 6 pieces of cardstock.
- Attach 2 pieces of 6 x 6 cardstock to the 2 1/4 inch left flap at the 2 1/4 inch fold, sandwiching the flap between the cardstock. Repeat the process by attaching the other 2 pieces of 6 x 6 cardstock to the 2 1/4 inch right flap.
- You will end up with a base page that is 6 inches tall and 19 1/2 inches wide. Score again at 6 and 6 3/4 inches from each end. This is your Album Base. Set this aside.
- Cut (3) pieces of cardstock to 6 x 12 inches. Score each piece at 3 and 9 inches. Attach the three pieces of cardstock together by the 3 x 6 inch flaps to form a 6 x 24 inch section that has a center section with "doors."
- Fold the two 3-inch center flaps towards the center.
- Fold the 3-inch right flap in and fold the 6-inch right panel towards the center.
- Fold the 3-inch left flap in and fold the 6-inch left panel towards the center. Now you have the Album Core. Once it is folded, it will measure 6 x 6 inches.
- Attach the Album Core to the inside 6x6 center panel of your Album Base, by attaching adhesive to the back of the Album Core and placing it onto the center of the Album Base.
- Fold the right panel to the center.
- Fold the left cover panel to the center. (It may be helpful to label your “naked” panels and flaps prior to decorating.)
- You may choose to ink all edges and folds.
- Now you are ready to decorate!