Latest Addition

Well the wait is over and my newest grandbaby has made her grand entrance into the world and she is a cutie! She has more hair than her siblings had and like the others she held her own at 22 inches and 8lbs 15 ounces. For me she is just too adorable and I can't wait for her to start the cooing and smiling and all that cute stuff that make you want to kiss cheeks and squeeze little butts and things.  Unfortunately she lives 3 hours away, but that's a lot better than 6 states away.  Anyway I wanted to introduce my crafting buddies to Alexandria Jordyn Lynn....so here she is....


















I used Webster Pages Western Romance because it had the soft pink colors I was looking for.  I then went through my stash of Wild Orchid flowers to find the perfect pink and white (sweet and delicate petals) to add to the softness.  The bling just seemed natural to add to the layout along with the lace. MS always has a border that will match any project and 3-D stickers can add to any design.  SU banner punch I got from my BFF (thanks Joyce) spells her nickname "Lexi".  She has stolen her Mema's heart already.

Now that I've introduced you to Lexi, I think its time to share other crafts I've created.  It's almost time for me to award my grab bags and I'm excited about that.  I didn't stuff the boxes so even I don't know what went into each box but I have been promised that I will know when its time to announce the winners. I think this is so exciting.

Well I found a Robert Jackson image that I had won on Card-o-ology and hadn't used it so I thought that now that I am part of JDE DT, I really should use it, so that's what I did.  Together with a frying pan and xacto knife I created what I am calling a half arch card.  Yes I said frying pan...you'll understand when you see the card...so go ahead and scroll down.

















I think the image is called the date and it can be found at "Fine Arts By Robert Jackson".  I used copic markers together with a couple of prisma color pencils to color the couple. The fence was cut using a TH die. The butterfly and flourish was cut with a Cherry Lynn Design die and the roses are from Wild Orchid (love those flowers). The paper is either Graphic 45 or Bo Bunny...I can't remember which one because I used scraps to create this card.
















I tried to carry the same theme to the inside of the card and I was doing really well up to the point where I spilled juice all over my paper turning it a color I care not to describe. So this is what I ended up with. One pocket for your personal message and another pocket to hold a gift card or a little cash. The tag is there just to show that it is a pocket. Before my fiasco I had a cute little envelope pocket ready to be on that side but it got wet so I had to create the normal banded pocket. It was devastating I tell you.  But life goes on right?  This last card was simply because I didn't know what to do with the paper. You know how sometimes you get paper and wonder what in the world because it has images all over it or words or something that at the time appears useless, well Graphic 45 will do that to you and it will take awhile to figure out what to do with it.  Well I got inspired and managed to create this card.




















Patience please, I know the photo isn't the best but I was in a hurry to get it done and then just snapped a shot at my work table.  The paper is Graphic 45 and both the image and the words are part of the paper.  In fact the whole 12x12 sheet is images and words...four of them size 4x4 each. I used Spellbinders die to create the corner pieces and the mat for the sentiment. Next I added a button, some ribbon and a bit of lace to finish it off.  Not to bad and it didn't take two days to get it completed.


Well this is all for this post because I am nodding as I sit here typing and the dog is whinning to go out for her final outing.  I will be back to share more with everyone as soon as I can....besides I still have more Mother's Day cards to share....like you don't have your own to make...perhaps I will be able to inspire...that would be good.  So as always...

"find beauty in all things and then go and create your own"

3 comments:

Scrappin Sista said...

Beautiful layout of your new addition!! She is sooo cute! Love the cards...my fav is the Robert Jackson image...I will be lifting this idea!! You know what they say...imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Sheila H said...

Congratulations on your new grandbaby! She's so cute :) Your cards and layout are totally beautiful.

kiwimeskreations said...

One very cute grand baby - aren't they so precious!!
Love the L/O too :-).
Blessings
Maxine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...