Gift Card Stampede

Can I just say that I have been a busy beaver with gift card holders. I think I have watched every video at "YouTube University" and have tried my hand at several different kinds of gift card holders.  From bonnets, and shoes on to ornaments and cards with pockets.  Then I found the cutest little purses and I was stuck on them...and how fair would it be to have a purse for a gift card without a wallet as well.  So the search was on until I found the perfect wallet. I also learned a new technique called "faux leather" while I was conducting my research.  Check my tutorial section for instructions on how to make both the top-note purse and the faux leather wallet. If you haven't read the post by Scrapbook Stampinista then you should..that lady will have you cracking up.

These little purses are just adorable and the wallets turned out better than I expected, so let me move along and share with you.
I so enjoyed making these little darlins, but a note of caution when using linen paper. I discovered that not all adhesive is created equal. Finding an adhesive that would hold the linen paper was very difficult, so I would recommend liquid fabric glue or just stitch your pieces together. The little orange one I missed the measurements so I had to improvise to keep what I had (not wasteful) and I think it turned out kinda cute.

This little set made such a cute pair and this little purse was a different spin on the use of the top-note die by Sizzix or the one from SU.  Actually, I think the one from SU is a Sizzix die.
These aren't all the wallets I made...I think I made a total of 10 since they were just that easy.  The inside is what makes the wallet unique and the fact that the paper has the feel and look of leather. The very top wallet was designed with an embossing folder, and then embossed with clear powder twice and it really looks (worn and cracked) and feels like leather.  The gold one is actually intended to be a clutch but I hadn't added the chain when I took this picture.

At least I don't have to worry about envelopes. No sirreeee! You can purchase these hard to find envelopes over at Craftezee, so check her out if you're in need of envelopes or you are tired of making your own.

Well now you know how I've been spending my time...creating gift card holders. Hope you enjoyed your visit and will come back. Don't forget that your comments are always welcomed and appreciated.

So until next time...."find beauty in all things and then...go and create"

4 comments:

Qadirah said...

These are beautiful..

Donna Hanley said...

These are all beautiful. I was going to make a "purse" tomorrow for a gift certificate I will be giving out on Wednesday, but you have given me many more ideas than I knew existed. Thank you so very much for that. Enjoy your Sunday.

Scrappin Sista said...

Oh m these are just the cutest!!

Wanda said...

You did such a fabulous job on these!!! They look like real clutches!!! I LOVE them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...