This has been a great weekend and I hate to see it end but if I want to keep scrappin' then I must keep working.  But I managed to hit the Mother Lode today. A co-worker decided to give up scrapbooking and was selling all her goodies at very reasonable prices and I couldn't pass up a good deal so I ended up with stuff that I must now find a place for..Ummm gonna be hard to do, so I'll do that later.  I entered three challenges this weekend and below are my creations for these challenges plus a card or two that I did on a whim. Well I have a few so lets get started before my bedtime pops up...yes I have a bedtime and I usually stick to it rather well.  At my age I make sure I get the recommended eight hours and sometimes I can throw in an additional hour or two. Well here are the cards:
I created this card to meet the Tuesday Color challenge over at "The Outlawz."  The colors were white, lime green and izmir purple with a November Novelity (the novelty was to add a flower).  Finding izmir purple was a lot harder than I thought it would be especially since regardless to whom I asked they had no clue what color izmir purple was and I wasn't sure either, but finally I found it and then I prayed that I would recognize lime green when I saw it. 

This is another challenge from The Outlawz.  This challenge comes from "Wednesday Sketch Challenge" group and I really like this group. The sketches are neat and you can play with so many different ideas. The plaid paper I used for this card I found at Tuesday morning for $3.00 and fell in love with it.  While I would have used it for a masculine card I think it worked well with this particular stamp.  I used copic markers to color my lady, spellbinders fancy tags, die-namic flourish die and a couple of pearl brads. 


Next is what the inside of the card looks like. I used the scraps that were left and designed the inside to follow the outside.  I ran out of plaid paper so I created a pocket with the black cardstock and then covered some red cardstock to make a tag for the pocket.




The next card although it is a Christmas card I am using for the Sketch Challenge over at Sketch Saturday.
First let me show you my take on the sketch and then the sketch.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...