Creating Clouds

Clouds Tutorial - by: Brenda O'Rear


Supplies:
Card stock
Punch/punches
Ink
Dauber or sponge
Scissors if cutting out template



Step One:
I have shown a few punches you could use to make clouds. I only used one
of them and for the other I used a die cut template. You can make your own template by stamping, punching, or hand drawing a cloud.



Step Two:
I placed the template on my white cardstock and used the dauber to sponge
around just the edges where there are scallops. You can see the clouds forming
where I sponged at the top of the cardstock. I usually only sponge around about half the template.

Here is a card using the above method

Step Three:
For my next card, I punched out a cloud template using a Fiskars cloud punch.
I used blue cardstock and placed my punched piece on the cardstock and
sponged white ink inside. Very simple!


My card for this method:


Step Four:
Another way to create clouds is to make cloud masks and place over your white cardstock. Be sure to tape your clouds to your cardstock so they don’t move around. I’m using a double sided scrapbook tape which can be removed when finished. Sponge or brayer the entire piece of cardstock with blue ink or whichever color you prefer. You can use gray for a cloudy day or I’ve seen very pretty clouds in brown for a little whimsy. Remove your masks and you have some beautiful, white clouds.
For my example below, I used Memento London Fog ink:

Shown With Templates


Remove Templates

I hope you’ll find my tutorial helpful and you have beautiful skies ahead.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...