Gift Set Bundles

Well, here I am again to share with you another customized gift set. This time it consists of a 6x6 card, a DVD coordinating cover/box and of course a coordinating handmade presentation box for these goodies. I chose a color scheme of peachy pink, medium grey, and off-white for my client. She informed me that the recipient of this gift set loves to fish, is not a lacy or frilly person and yet she is always a lady and she met her at her temple. With this information in tow, I got started on what would be a unique fun learning adventure of creativity for me.

So let's get started, but beware that the colors may not appear the same but they indeed are exactly the same (different lighting).  In the photo below, you see all three products together. They each coordinate with the other creating a lovely gift set. 



We will start with the DVD Case cover. Deciding how to do this was a bit challenging because I wanted to tie in the client's beliefs and values and this would be my first attempt at creating a DVD case cover. On the front, we have an image of a temple that has been foiled along with the birthday greeting which was foiled as well in a dark peach color. 



Using the pearls, trinket and ribbon was my way of relating back to a more feminine side. This little box will hold any standard DVD case, so next time you give a DVD as a gift think about jazzing it up a bit and making it personal.

The most important part of this bundle is, of course, the card. This card involved a lot of customer input and I did my best to accommodate her wishes. 



When making this card I had to remember that the recipient of this gift set enjoys her cabin on the lake and the fishing she is able to do while there. Although she is not a phoo-phoo kind of girl she is very much a classy lady so finding the right image to portray this wasn't exactly easy but I think I hit the jackpot with this one.  I used an image from Saturated Canary (no longer available) and colored her using Copic markers (listed below). This card has it all; ribbon, flowers, netting, lace, pearls, glitter and brads.



The inside follows the fishing theme with an image of a cabin out in the woods which I colored using Prismacolor Pencils. Once again you see the netting and the ribbon as well as a foiled customized sentiment.

Lastly, we have what keeps this bundle together and that is the presentation gift box. My client asked if I could make a box that would hold both the DVD and the card, and of course, I said yes although I had no clue if I could or not (new template in order).



The gift box measures 8.5 x 6.5 x 2 and it is all handmade using chipboard and cardstock. Although it took me some time to get the template correct I was pleased when it finally came together. Its sturdy and will survive shipping. There is a band that helps keep the lid on the box as well as a little tag I added so the client could write in the recipient's name.

Like I said a fun learning experience. Products I used are at the end of this post. 


Thanks for stopping by and please know that your comments are appreciated.
SENDING HUGS FROM TEXAS
~Lesia

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Little Patch of Crafty Friends - #83 Anything Goes (6/14)(136)
Scrapbook Stamp Society - #142 Anything Goes/Spring (6/16) (10)
Pammie's Inky Pinkies - #1822 Anything Goes (6/10) (25)
Crafting From the Heart - #209 Anything Goes (6/9) (66)
Artistic Inspiration - #201 Anything Goes (6/9) (143)


Supplies:
Copic Markersfish BG23, 90, 32 Pinks R85, 83, 81 Grays C7, 5, 3, 1 and T3 Skin E01, E11, E00 Hair E57, 55, 31 Green G94 and G24
DSP: Paper Studio "Floral on Blush"   Cardstock Bazzil, Martha Stewart Punches Washi Tape, Ribbon Netting, Offray Ribbon, Paper Studio Gemstones 

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What an exquisite set Lesia - isn't it challenging to take on a commission and try to satisfy what the customer wants. You have really rocked this one!
Blessings
Maxine

Kaija said...

Beautiful and elegant work!Thanks for join us at
ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
Hope to see you again and good luck.
Gr.Kaija Dt-member

Angela B. said...

Such a beautiful gift set!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous project Lesia

Thanks for join us at
{ScrapbookStampSociety DT Member}
Hope to see you again and goodluck

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...