Time for Gift Cards

Hello Everyone! I have been a bit busy these last couple of weeks, but it was all necessary time I needed to donate to charity and support my community.  It also helped me clean out closets with clothes that shrunk (smiles) and shoes that seemed to grow the tallest heels (can't believe I actually walked in some of those shoes).  Afterwards I decided that for all the teenagers in my life I would give gift cards (not to mention that's all they had listed on their wish list) with the difference being the store.

What would be a good way to give a gift card...a handmade gift card holder! So that's what I have been up to...searching Youtube University for the perfect class and I found one that I decided would work for two of my girls and now I'd like to share those with you.  Please note that what I am sharing are my demos so they only have scraps as embellishments.  I'll fancy up the real ones and create a box to put the card in...with decorations and all.  I'm still in the Fall mood so I used colors that I can see on the trees outside my window.  You can't see it but the holder on the left is actually olive and the right is more like a honey brown.  I'd still like to enter these little holders in a challenge although they are demos.




Thanks to Dianna Gobert for her inspiration, tutorial and design.  Now that I have the measurements in inches I can get started on creating ones for giving.  I'll make a few girly ones and then a few rough and tough ones.  I have a few more designs I want to try out so I guess I need to start with cutting paper and creating my demos.

Before I end I'd like to remind you that if you would like a chance of winning both challenge prizes you need to enter your project before the 15th.  Just click the challenge tab above to go there right away.

Thanks to all of you for supporting my blog and participating in my challenges...it makes my heart smile.  And a Texas size Yahoo of Thanks go out to my sponsors for their generosity in donating to my challenges.

Just a couple of challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks - #167 Anything But A Card (11/12)
Charisma Cardz Challenge - #44 Anything Goes (11/12)
Your Next Stamp Challenge (YNS) - Fall Colors (11/30)
Crafting By Design - Anything Goes (11/12)

Okay that's it.

Be safe where ever you are and find beauty in all things.

Hugs~
Lesia

13 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

These are gorgeous Mema and if they are your 'test' projects I look forward to seeing your fancy creations x

Teresa Arsenault said...

If those are 'just your demos' I can't imagine how gorgeous your 'real' projects are going to be. These are lovely and anyone would love to receive a gift card in such a pretty package.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Lesia - these are divine - love the detail, especially the embossing on the closures. I look forward to seeing the 'real thing'!!
Blessings
MAxine

Basslady said...

it's amazing, how incredibly elegant and noble the cards look!

the dp is so beautiful! GREAT job!!!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Unknown said...

These are very nice... I like them a lot! :)
Have a great day, Lesia! (what a pretty name, btw :))

Sheila H said...

As always, you have rocked your design. I have a hard time believing these are "demos" and not your completed projects :)

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our challenge this week, awesome job!

Leanne DT@4 Crafty Chicks!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

These are lovely! What a way to give a gift card, elegant and classy. I can see the inspiration photo with the touches of brown and red. Thanks for joining us at YNS!

Anonymous said...

Lovely gift card holders!! It's so nice that you add that personal touch!! :) :) Thank you for joining us @ YNS for our monthy challenge!!
Nicole’s Craft Nook
Nicole’s YUM YUM BLOG Candy

Deborah Anton said...

Beautiful holders! So elegant... Thanks for joining us at the YNS Challenge!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Gift Card holders! They are so elegant and beautifully made! Thank you for playing along with YNS' Fun Friday Challenge.
Ruza, YNS Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Sheila said...

this is REALLY pretty!!! great job!!
thanks for playing along at YNS!

Laura said...

These are beautiful! What a wonderful way to dress up a simple gift! Thanks for sharing at YNS!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...