Tea Time


Hello Everyone! I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and that Santa was good to you and your loved ones. Through the hustle and bustle of wrapping presents, putting things together, dealing with the noise of 8 grandkids plus the extra audio of the adults and preparing for the traditional Christmas dinner, I can proudly say that I survived and enjoyed every nerve wrecking moment I had with my family.

Now as the holidays wind down I retreat to the peace and quiet of my craftroom. Even the dog is still in the kennel so even the pitter patter of little feet are not here to interrupt the quietness of my safe haven. But this will not last long for tomorrow my four-legged friend returns and the ingredients for our New Year dinner must be purchased.

Ahhhh....before I slip into blissful peace let me say
"THANK YOU!!!"
to everyone that participated in my challenge and
entered their name in the eCard Giveaway. 
 
You ladies never cease to amaze me with your talent! Well I can only have one winner per challenge and here they are as selected using Random.org generator.
 
The winner of 4 Bugaboo images and 5 Kenny K images is .....
entry #68 ..Congratulations to Pauline
 
The winner of the Gift Card Giveaway valued at $50 is .....
entry #18...Congratulations to Jen Leeflang
 
As promised, to show my appreciation to all of you that follow my blog
I am offering a bonus gift card ($5) to one member
 and that member as selected by random.org is
Tammy Ortiz of Tammy's Scrappin Corner 
 
To determine the winner for the bonus gift card, I exported my followers list to excel where each follower was assigned a random number by Excel 2010.  I then used Random.org to select a random number between 0 and 347 and that listed individual was the winner.
 
To all the winners of this month please grab my winners badge and display it on your blog with a link back to my blog so others will know about me.  I appreciate you doing this for me.
Remember!!! you must claim your prize before
 Friday, January 4th by contacting me at lesia1707@att.net
and include December Winner in the subject line

*******************************************************************

Outside the skies are cloudy with a gray haze and the wind is blowing, keeping the temperature low enough to be cold, so I thought what a great time for a cup of tea. Then I decided that creating a card that would hold a couple of tea bags for a friend would be perfect for an evening such as the one I am experiencing and here is what I came up with.

Disclaimer:  This card was created using a tutorial by Beate Johns on SplitCoast Stampers which you can find by clicking here. This is a rather small card, in fact I think it is only a 3x3 which is perfect for small treats and it's real easy to make, so you can mass produce.


Although I refer to it as a tea bag holder, I have since discovered that it will hold the small square chocolate bars like the Giraldago (forgive the spelling) candy bars and the Hershey Bars as well. 

Come to think of it you could even add a tag with a sentiment in one pocket and a gift card or money in the other pocket.
 
There are a lot of ways to use these little cards if you thought about it.
 
I didn't do very much as far as decoration goes because the card was just to small to add very much so I think the more CAS you keep it the better it is for getting your message across.

Once I got focused on tea bags I think I found at least 4 different types/ways to create a tea bag holder so you most likely already know that this isn't the only tea bag holder I've made, however it has indeed been the smallest one. 
 
The others I will share with you on a later post.  Hope you can wait that long. In the meantime, why not try out the tutorial referenced above or click the link below and follow the tutorial on video.
 
 
 SNEAK PEEK:  January's challenge will be all about the pockets...win the challenge and you could leave with a pocket full of goodies.
 

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous project Lesia - love the colours you have used, and the sentiment. I will watch the video later as I have the laptop in bed and DH is snoozing.... I would not be the most popular if I watched it now :-).
Blessings
Maxine

Sheila H said...

Thanks for sharing this tea bag video! I hadn't seen one like this. Yours is too cute :)

Unknown said...

Great idea. Thanks for sharing video.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...