Wings On Cards

Before I get started let me remind everyone to visit Jackson's Digital Expressions and join the challenge.  Its "anything goes" and the prizes are great!  You've still got time for the Altered Arts Team and on May 22nd you will have another opportunity to win prizes when the Sketch Team host the challenge. 

I've been on a tutorial search for new and interesting cards and I found one that was created by Marianne Skjelstad out of Norway.  I am going to share with you without a lot of whoopla.  Here is my card, which I am referring to as the "Winged Card" although Marianne referred to it as "The Magic Card."  To see the original instructions and more of Marianne's gorgeous creations, which I draw my inspiration, visit this link http://mariannespapir.blogspot.com.  I'll try to explain how it all works and then I will post the tutorial by the end of the week.  I've taken several photos of it to try and give you a good idea of how it looks.
This is the front of the card. I didn't use very many embellishments because I wasn't sure how it would turn out.  Yep once again against what I've been told by Joyce, I am posting a demo or trial version of a card. Anyway, notice the two side folds..they remind me of wings so that is how my card got its name. The center section is actually hiding the inside of the card which you can see in the next image.
Now after lifting the flap you can see the space for your personal message.  So what happened to the flap you ask???? well its still there but you have to hold it up or lay the card down as I have done in the next photo.

Here you can see the card fully opened and tell me...don't the card appear to have wings and could take off in flight at any moment (smiles).  On the top flap you could stamp a verse and leave the bottom for a personal message.

So what do you think about this card? It is really cute and once I post the tutorial I hope you will try it.

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this Lesia - and your unique take on it :-)
I have put up a post on my blog of a card on which I have used some of the goodies from your blog candy draw.
(http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/welcome-back-all-my-good-intentions.html)
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

Very awesome cute card. I am going to try this tutorial

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...